Is Grant too flawed?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2020 Book of the month, "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.
Adrianna Melillo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Revolutionary Mothers
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrianna-melillo.html
Latest Review: Spring Fed by Bill Plyler

Is Grant too flawed?

Post by Adrianna Melillo »

I find Grant to be a fairly likable character. However, he often seems incredibly forgetful and naive, and on more than one occasion he has a difficult time putting together seemingly-obvious clues.

To backup my points, in the beginning he is constantly forgetting about plans he made with various characters. It was almost as though he wasn’t taking any of this seriously enough. He also seems to have too much trust (or perhaps a carefree attitude) in people (e.g., leaving important papers out in the open or having sex with Irina even though he’s suspicious of her). Finally, I sometimes felt as if the answers to his mysteries were obvious (e.g., Yuri and his “car accident” the night Gudinov was killed), but it took him forever to figure them out.

Is his character too flawed to be plausible?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Duplicate topic: Is Grant a good protagonist.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Discuss "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker”