Is God Open?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
Marty_Kelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marty-kelly.html
Latest Review: Genetic Spurn - The Reality? by M. R. Coates - Rutgers Univ. GSM

Re: Is God Open?

Post by Marty_Kelly »

angieray1 wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 13:45 God is limitless and powerful beyond what we could imagine. Our mortal minds cannot completely understand God, but He always meets us where we are.
I agree with you on this.
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I think it depends on a person's perspective and point of view. For me, I do think that God is open.
rwalkup
Currently Reading: The Copper Gauntlet
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rwalkup.html
Latest Review: E&N Escape by P.N.Holland

Post by rwalkup »

God did not necessarily choose to limit himself, but he understood in order to create real people instead of just mindless robots he had to give them free will and this involved him stepping back and letting them make their own mistakes.
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

Yes He is, we could talk to him anywhere anytime, there are no limits actually.
A Y reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-y-reviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by A Y reviews »

God, despite his awesome and unfettered powers, chose to limit himself by giving us free will and freedom. If that isn't the unending love of the father, I dot know what is.
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: The Pilgrim Bride by Pilar Cerón Durán

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

I think that God can limit Himself, the same way that we can sometimes limit Him through our free will, as you mentioned.
tieman55
Favorite Author: Michael Tieman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 167631

Post by tieman55 »

aaurba wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 22:21 I think it depends on a person's perspective and point of view. For me, I do think that God is open.
The belief that God is not open is one that is widely held and as long as you give God the "choice" to be open or not, you are not limiting God and perhaps you might be right, as it is God's decision and His decision alone.

I would ask you a question, which God is more powerful, an open God or not open God?
To me it is a far more powerful God who is dynamic and can adjust to events. And the God that portrayed in the Bible, who often adjust to the events on earth.
JeanyJean
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanyjean.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by JeanyJean »

Crcraig wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 06:54 The only limits to God are what we, as humans, place on him. God has no limits. You can't put him in a box. Think about the universe, the complexity of nature and how it all seems to work together, about our bodies and how everything functions together. God can create anything. He gave us free will so we can choose to love Him, not blindly follow.
God does not limit himself i agree. He is aJust God therefore He gave us the free will as you have said. Now it is this free will given to us that we choose to either liit God or not. Otherwise in His nature as all knowing all powerful and all present, God has no limits. We decide whether to limit Him or to allow Him to freely manifest in our lives.
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

Limiting? No. Leading, guiding, teaching etc. Yes. You'd know Him when you meet him 🤗
Chiagbanwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiagbanwe.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Chiagbanwe »

God is our father. However, a father can't open himself up to a son who does not want to know more about him. He also doesn't open himself up to a child who does not care about him. That's the way it is between us and God. If we don't express our desire to know him more, then he won't open up to us and we might then label him as 'limiting himself' to us. If we care about him and want to know him, then he will talk to us.
Alexandros92
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandros92.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Alexandros92 »

God cannot limot himself because he is literally everything. He is not a person that can choose to not drink tonight or walk away from a fight. He is the entire creation and thus limitless by default.
M Deedee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-deedee.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by M Deedee »

I think God is open, I mean, he's everything he wants to be, he is GOD. He can be anything but the amazing thing is he loves us so much and always considers us and most times she does things for us, so that we can relate more with him and still stand in awe if him.
Don't say it's Impossible if you haven't given it a try.
Deedee
rachna_r
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itsrachna.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by rachna_r »

Open will be a wrong word for God. It is the supreme Energy which drives us. It is universal. He is not open, he is everything .
jerick_12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerick-12.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by jerick_12 »

For me GOD's action is incomprehensible. For me GOD is limitless. The author wrote about God the way he wanted to. It's hard to know for sure if GOD is the same as God in the story.
Cyrus Michino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyrus-michino.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Cyrus Michino »

God has a complex nature, I guess that's why He works in mysterious ways. One time He introduces Adam and Eve to the Garden of Eden,the next time He throws them out of the same Garden.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”