Was sending Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden a blessing or a curse?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Re: Was sending Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden a blessing or a curse?

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I don’t consider it a blessing or a curse. I am strong to believe that it was just the outcome that just occurred. I do not believe that GOd put curses on anyone or anything.
Dramani Daniel
Favorite Book: Twisted But True
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dramani-daniel.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Dramani Daniel »

It is true to me that what God did was an act of punishment. And I believe letting them stay would have made things worse. Firstly, allowing a sinner to live forever was going with the notion that sin would be made eternal. The other reason is, that without any consequences, subsequent acts of disobedience to God would continue.
Angie Lola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angie-lola.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Angie Lola »

I believe it was a blessing, if they did eat from the tree of eternal life in their fallen nature it would probably have been more suffering such that one can get extremely sick but cannot die just tied to eternal life.
Tehreem_Khan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tehreem-khan.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Tehreem_Khan »

There are interpretations that say the eating of fruit from the tree of knowledge was all in fact staged by God himself to drive out the humans and let them experience a world that would have remained unknown in heaven.
jimmy02
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy02.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by jimmy02 »

In my opinion, God trusted his wards. He expected them to listen to his cautions and abide by them fastidiously. That's why God let them both out. Yet, Lucifer's advances were too alluring, and first Eve, and then Adam fell prey to it. :tiphat:
There is no friend as loyal as a book.
~ Ernst Hemingway

:techie-studyingbrown:
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

JM Reviews wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 04:38 Just after Adam and Eve had eaten from the tree of knowledge, God drove them away from the Garden. The author of this book seems to justify every curse that God put on Adam. At some point, Adam seems grateful for the curses. What really captured my attention was the justification of the fact that God sent them away from Eden. Do you think the main purpose was to protect them from Lucifer? Do you believe that eating from the tree of life would have worsened the situation?
I agree in a sense. From the Bible, God connotes that the tree of life will give immortality, and this was why Adam and Eve could no longer remain in the garden because they now had a knowledge of good and evil, and had a dispension for evil too. I mean, not long after this was demonstrated when Cain killed Abel. God probably saw the disaster in giving man immortality when he also had the propensity towards evil.
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

No doubt, it was a blessing. Adam and Eve needed to understand and live by the consequences of their actions. Although God loved them, he needed them to understand this.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

God made the right choice by sending Adam and Eve out of the Garden. It was supposed to be a curse upon mankind. But, God's compassionate heart had other ways.
Bennaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bennaji.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Bennaji »

I believe it was a blessing. Not only did it teach Adam and Eve vital lessons, it helped them to be independent and stronger.
fire_spice
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fire-spice.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by fire_spice »

JM Reviews wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 04:38 Just after Adam and Eve had eaten from the tree of knowledge, God drove them away from the Garden. The author of this book seems to justify every curse that God put on Adam. At some point, Adam seems grateful for the curses. What really captured my attention was the justification of the fact that God sent them away from Eden. Do you think the main purpose was to protect them from Lucifer? Do you believe that eating from the tree of life would have worsened the situation?
I have a problem to with the authors justification of everything. However, I believe eating from the tree of life would have made things worse. Man would have lost the opportunity for redemption and probably wind up eternally condemned like Lucifer. I think to protect man, sending man away may have not really been effective in protecting man from Lucifer. The way I see it, Lucifer followed man out of Eden 😂.
Prestige-best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prestige-best.html

Post by Prestige-best »

I would say it was a a harmless curse. God is forgiving and wants the best for us. That's why he was with them even after they left the garden.
Maris Charles M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maris-charles-m.html

Post by Maris Charles M »

Every sin had consequences. They just faced the consequences for thier disobedience. That was not actually a curse per SE Adam and Eve came to find out that it was a blessing in disguise. Besides if God had not done what he did he won't have been a good father. Good father's correct their children. Which ever way I still prefered it if we had remained in Eden.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

Alexandros92 wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 06:56 Sending them out of the Garden is neither. It is just the natural outcome of their choice. Since the fruit basically symbolizes the lack of trust toward nature and God and thus the awaking of the Ego and the need for knowledge, it is only natural that human beings found themselves to be isolated. It is not a curse and not a blessing.

If humans trusted God and let go of their Ego, the gates of Eden would reopen in the afterlife. It is a choice, nobody is punishing us.
Wow... you said my mind
Thanks for this comment
Donald Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-trust.html
Latest Review: Rosa by Barbara de la Cuesta

Post by Donald Trust »

For me, it was a curse. We can't compare life in Eden to life outside Eden the difference was clear.
Cocobutta
Currently Reading: Hidden Current
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cocobutta.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cocobutta »

It was definitely a punishment from God but I do not know if it should be classified as a curse.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”