Questions for the author

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
tieman55
Favorite Author: Michael Tieman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 167631

Re: Questions for the author

Post by tieman55 »

Nicolene75 wrote: 12 Jul 2020, 06:41 My question: why did the author describe Lucifer as feminine? Was it to lure Eve and make him/her more approachable? How did it fit into the whole story?
Why did I portray Lucifer as feminine?

It fit in my thinking, my image of the angle that seduced Eve.

Lucifer is often refereed to as "the most beautiful of all the angels" that is a figure of speech that probably comes form Eze. Generally, the idea of "beautiful" fits women in my mind far more than it rings true with men. I mean at least from a man's point of view and many women, women are for sure the finer sex. That with the fact that angels are thought to be only men, then I thought that, that to God the angel would have appeared in some manner feminine, if He indeed used the description of beautiful regarding Lucifer.
tieman55
Currently Reading:

Post by tieman55 »

Chickenwings00 wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 03:33 I will like to ask the author if he wrote this book for every one or just Christians ?
No, not at all just for Christians.

Personally, I am not very religious. I am a Christian but how good of one, well, I will find out when I get to heaven. LOL
I think this book is not at all about religion, religion is separate form His story and I think it can be kept that way. While I am a Christian, I don't think that comes across in the book as from my point of view, there is no religion in the book.

I would like to think that antagonist towards Christianity will have a hard time saying Killing Abel is a religious book, and that is a good thing!
tieman55
Currently Reading:

Post by tieman55 »

TADSAILS wrote: 05 Jul 2020, 11:38 Apparently I would love to understand what pulled the authors sense of writing to connect biblical stories. Secondly, I would appreciate if he could tell me how he was inspired to give it that title. Did he have an attachment or lesson learned from Cain and Abel?
1st, the story started out with only one pretext, and that was the Cain's mark was an angel. So I started there and everything else literally fell into place. With the one pretext, I added one rule, that rule was Occam's Razor, the simplest explanation for all the events was always preferred. And it just fell into place. It took very little time to write. 4, 5, 6 months and the story was there.

RE: lesson . . . No lesson or attachment really but there was one thing . . . I was listening to a good friend of mine preaching about Cain and Abel and in his sermon he said that no one knew what the mark of Cain was. My friend, Bob Enyart, knows the bible far better than do I, so I couldn't understand how I knew what the mark of Cain was, but he didn't?

Then I started researching the mark of Cain and I was so surprised that no one knew it was an angel, but I did? How is that possible? Finally I came to the understanding that I have no idea where I came up with the idea that Cain was marked with an angel. It will remain a mystery.

As far as the name, Bill O'reilly has a serious of Killing books and well I thought that is a good fit. In addition, in the book, I try to make the point that the first murder changed life on earth far more than eating from the tree of Knowledge. Yes the fall was bad but murder led to the death of every man, women and child on earth in the flood, that is far different than making men work for food.
tieman55
Currently Reading:

Post by tieman55 »

The_Vivian wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 15:43 I would like to ask the author if he intends on going in depth with other stories of the Bible as he did this few. I essence, what more has he written.
There are two stories in the Bible that need telling. Babel and Abraham.

Babel is a story that is relevant today as we live in the time of "undoing-Babel." In that we software there is no more confusion of the languages. And with air travel and container ships traversing the globe there is little isolation.

Abraham's story needs to be told. God didn't recognize his first born Ishmael. That is the reason there is war in the middle east, because they is a fight over who is the first born, Issac or Ishmael.
TADSAILS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tadsails.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by TADSAILS »

tieman55 wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 12:32
TADSAILS wrote: 05 Jul 2020, 11:38 Apparently I would love to understand what pulled the authors sense of writing to connect biblical stories. Secondly, I would appreciate if he could tell me how he was inspired to give it that title. Did he have an attachment or lesson learned from Cain and Abel?
1st, the story started out with only one pretext, and that was the Cain's mark was an angel. So I started there and everything else literally fell into place. With the one pretext, I added one rule, that rule was Occam's Razor, the simplest explanation for all the events was always preferred. And it just fell into place. It took very little time to write. 4, 5, 6 months and the story was there.

RE: lesson . . . No lesson or attachment really but there was one thing . . . I was listening to a good friend of mine preaching about Cain and Abel and in his sermon he said that no one knew what the mark of Cain was. My friend, Bob Enyart, knows the bible far better than do I, so I couldn't understand how I knew what the mark of Cain was, but he didn't?

Then I started researching the mark of Cain and I was so surprised that no one knew it was an angel, but I did? How is that possible? Finally I came to the understanding that I have no idea where I came up with the idea that Cain was marked with an angel. It will remain a mystery.

As far as the name, Bill O'reilly has a serious of Killing books and well I thought that is a good fit. In addition, in the book, I try to make the point that the first murder changed life on earth far more than eating from the tree of Knowledge. Yes the fall was bad but murder led to the death of every man, women and child on earth in the flood, that is far different than making men work for food.
Thanks for the update. It cleared some doubts I had.
Chikom
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikom.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chikom »

What inspired the author to write this book???
Marvin85
Favorite Book: The Biblical Clock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marvin85.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Marvin85 »

I would like to ask him why his story-line does not go beyond the Noah times.
baha Ibrahim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baha-ibrahim.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by baha Ibrahim »

Dear author, you filled so many gaps. What exactly inspired you?
:tiphat: Baha :tiphat:
Patrick Maina1
Currently Reading: The Power of Habit
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patrick-maina1.html
Latest Review: How To Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door by Deborah Ann Davis
Reading Device: Moonreader

Post by Patrick Maina1 »

How is this story relevant today?What lesson did you intend to deliver?
tieman55
Currently Reading:

Post by tieman55 »

Marvin85 wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 07:35 I would like to ask him why his story-line does not go beyond the Noah times.
That is simple, the book would be far too long to go on further. Every editor that I had look at the book always wanted me to add more words, and finally I said no more as the book was getting too long.
tieman55
Currently Reading:

Post by tieman55 »

baha Ibrahim wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 12:02 Dear author, you filled so many gaps. What exactly inspired you?
I am not sure how, but I have always "known" (as no one knows for sure) that Cain's mark was an Angel, so that is how it all started and the rest of the story just fell into place. I had no other preconceived belief's.
tieman55
Currently Reading:

Post by tieman55 »

Patrick Maina1 wrote: 07 Aug 2020, 09:58 How is this story relevant today?What lesson did you intend to deliver?
I think the most important message that you can get out of Killing Abel is that God's desire to have children, was a giant step and has not been easy for him . . . I think many fathers think the same being a father is a big deal!

I think most people think that God has it easy, but I don't see it that way. His emotions must run the gambit and it just can't be as easy being God as most people would assume.
Laura Mich
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-mich.html
Latest Review: A Woman's Rise To Courage by Birgit T Klare

Post by Laura Mich »

I would like it know if you had a chance to re-write the book again, what you'd change and why.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

NetMassimo wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 10:07 In the description included in the review opportunity page, there are the phrases "Killing Abel is a novel based on the historical events from Adam to Noah." and Why did the Creator of the Heavens and the earth in just six days, have Noah take 100 years to build an untested wooden boat to save creation? Reading them, I couldn't help wondering if the author is a creationist who based the book on literal interpretations of the Bible.
Hmm. Funny and thought provoking.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 09:13 This was a very interesting book and in line with it being thought-provoking, It also brought up questions that I would like to ask the author.
The main question thatfor me would be the level of research the author implimented and how he came up with the idea for this book.
What major questions do you have for the author?
My question would be how he got the inspiration for the blanks he filled into the bible.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”