Questions for the author

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
tieman55
Favorite Author: Michael Tieman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 167631

Re: Questions for the author

Post by tieman55 »

Sally_Heart wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 14:25 Does the author believe that his work will truly remain to be considered as a work of fiction? Does he truly believe that he is just being creative or is his aim to bring something new to the table fabled from his own creative beliefs?
Being so close to my book, I don't think I can honestly answer your question . . . because in my own mind I am becoming convinced that perhaps one or two or more of the things in my book might have actually happened.

I could probably write a book based on your question in that, when I get to heaven . . . after some passage of time there, I will have an opportunity to interact with the people I wrote about and even perhaps pry into our Fathers thoughts on my book . . . WOW! Now, here is were God the Father gets irreducibly complex. If I were to somehow to, with great humility, get some queries out to our Father . . . His answers would most assuredly be something like, "Its not important . . . A good father is often cryptic with his children questions and that is a good thing! Wonder is far better than knowledge!

Your question is very good LOL and I don't have a good answer . . . I guess the best I could hope for is that Killing Abel would start, in my view, needed conversations about the nature of God.

Mike
Sally_Heart
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-heart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sally_Heart »

tieman55 wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 08:56
Sally_Heart wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 14:25 Does the author believe that his work will truly remain to be considered as a work of fiction? Does he truly believe that he is just being creative or is his aim to bring something new to the table fabled from his own creative beliefs?
Being so close to my book, I don't think I can honestly answer your question . . . because in my own mind I am becoming convinced that perhaps one or two or more of the things in my book might have actually happened.

I could probably write a book based on your question in that, when I get to heaven . . . after some passage of time there, I will have an opportunity to interact with the people I wrote about and even perhaps pry into our Fathers thoughts on my book . . . WOW! Now, here is were God the Father gets irreducibly complex. If I were to somehow to, with great humility, get some queries out to our Father . . . His answers would most assuredly be something like, "Its not important . . . A good father is often cryptic with his children questions and that is a good thing! Wonder is far better than knowledge!

Your question is very good LOL and I don't have a good answer . . . I guess the best I could hope for is that Killing Abel would start, in my view, needed conversations about the nature of God.

Mike
I do hope that God will give us more knowledge about what happened before or as you say, to get to meet with the people whose stories we would love to know more about. That at least would quench our curiosity. Otherwise, I do pray that whatever gaps you have filled hold at least a hint of the truth for those who will choose not to take it as a work of fiction.
Krupali
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krupali.html
Latest Review: Salt and Pepper by Maria Akhanji

Post by Krupali »

Is it baised on any one religion or have you written this one as a common point of view?
Krupali :techie-studyingbrown:
tieman55
Currently Reading:

Post by tieman55 »

Krupali wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 10:40 Is it baised on any one religion or have you written this one as a common point of view?
Killing Abel is not at all based on religion. It is only based on the history that we know. History and religion exist apart from each other and can remain separate with the true context of that history . . . and no religion is needed.
tieman55
Currently Reading:

Post by tieman55 »

Ballbender wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 06:49 There must be an inspired connection between all the stories. I will like to know the connection of the stories presented.
No, not really. The funny thing about this project is that the story literally fell into place. God gave us the highlights in Genesis and when you connect them with in the simplest logical way, you have Killing Abel.
Nelson Reviews
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-reviews.html
Latest Review: Puzzle of Fate by A. Reza Kamarei
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Nelson Reviews »

Killing Abel only covers the first book (Genesis) of the Christian Holy Book the Bible. Do we expect another book to cover the lest of the Bible?
tieman55
Currently Reading:

Post by tieman55 »

Nelson Reviews wrote: 27 Jun 2020, 07:04 Killing Abel only covers the first book (Genesis) of the Christian Holy Book the Bible. Do we expect another book to cover the lest of the Bible?
Yes, but its a lot of work, not sure I have the time to do it. I can see 2 more books, probably from Noah to Babel , and then from Babel to Jesus. Once Jesus gets on scene there are really no gaps to fill.

From Adam to Noah God gave us 2.5 words per year of His story, then from Noah to Jesus God gave us 250 words per year of history, and when Jesus came, God gave us 2500 words per year of history, that covers from Matthew to Revelations and the date of Masada in 72.5 AD. So we have a lot of history as it pertains to Jesus.

The history in words, works out to be a 100 fold increase from Noah to Jesus and then a 10 fold increase from Jesus on to Masada. I don't think that amount of history that has been given us in the bible is a coincidence. (Do the math on the word counts and it comes out exactly! )
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

For the author: you have such an open view of God. I dare say that you were trying to humanise God. What inspired that kind of thinking?
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
yosek123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yosek123.html
Latest Review: Passions: Love Poems and Other Writings by Gabriela Marie Milton

Post by yosek123 »

For me, I'm curious as to why the title focuses on Abel. Is it because he is the quintessential figure of faith, as another forum suggests? So, is the title about killing faith? This sort of leads to my next question on what the author's position on God's omnipotence would be. Is God all-powerful and all-knowing, or does God have limitations, too?
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Harty Muli »

I would like to know of the author's inspiration behind the conversations within the Trinity. They sounded realistic like the author was inspired by something.
Vic Chimezie
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vic-chimezie.html
Latest Review: All The Good Little Girls Keep Quiet by K. Kibbee

Post by Vic Chimezie »

I have been wondering on how the author filled in other parts of this book that is not recorded in the Bible. Were other books used to provide the additions?
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

This is a work of fiction, and it is marvellous. I am not trying to compare this with the bible, so I simply don't have any questions
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
tieman55
Currently Reading:

Post by tieman55 »

Elvis Best wrote: 27 Jun 2020, 14:18 For the author: you have such an open view of God. I dare say that you were trying to humanise God. What inspired that kind of thinking?
I don't see it quite that way, The Bible says that . . . God made us in His image. What does that mean? Well it means that God and His creation are in some or perhaps many ways a reflection of Him and His ways. God did humanize us and in His image.

To me, God is much more real and far less spiritual than is the popular belief. I don't find God's ways particularly puzzling and or mysterious. He is a loving Father, no mystery and I don't think the decisions He makes are particularly difficult to understand.

God had some very special and very personal relationships with many men in the Bible and that is just the way I imagine Him. My favorite relationship that God has in the Bible is with Job.

To say that my view of God is humanizing Him, well, that is perhaps how it looks to you . . . but to me it looks as if God loves His children and He does what He needs to do to relate to His children that He made in His image.
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

How did the author come up with this unique title?
tieman55
Currently Reading:

Post by tieman55 »

LiLj wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 14:44 I would like to know where the author got this idea to expand on the bible with fictitious stories that are no where to be found in the actual bible, it is a very interesting idea.
Context is every thing. Without a proper context nothing can be understood. God started out the Bible with the context for everything in life going forward. Everything to this date should always have the context . . . in the beginning God created and . . . He said it was very good. That is the way I live my life.
When I read a passage in the Bible, there is only one way that I can understand and or know what that passage means and it all goes to context.
If the full context is not given, we must discover one. The only way to do that is to get to know the people, the place, the events that transpired.
All that to say, in order to get an idea of why something happens in the Bible like Adam naming the animals. You have to get to know God, the garden, the creation, and Adam. Take it all in, and you have a chance to discover a good, a logical, a plausible why it happened. Allow your self to think, believe it or not, many people will not allow themselves to think. . . Then you come up with a logical idea . . . Is that absolutely what happened, no but it does give the even context and with context it makes the event real in your life.
However you must separate the actual text in the bible form your context, that is required but what is great about doing this is it makes what actual is know to have happened seem so much more real and true.

When I tell a biblical story, I always separate what did happened from the added context. Always making sure that the listener understands one is fact and one is possible nothing more.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”