Overall rating and opinion of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
Gloria Tohabru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloria-tohabru.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman

Post by Gloria Tohabru »

Killing Abel is one of the greatest book I've read so far. This book helped me look at life in a different perspective including the Time of creation, and Adam and Eve, to that of Noah and the ark. This book is recommendable to those who seek broad knowledge of the fall of Adam.
jimmy02
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy02.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by jimmy02 »

Despite being someone who is not a practising Christian and hence, ignorant about the Biblical texts, I found the book to be very intriguing. The fantasy fiction part was really enjoyable. Further, I got to learn quite a few things regarding relationships. Chiefly, how mutual trust and respect for each others' wishes are necessary for a relationship to blossom successfully. I've given it 4 by 4 in my review that I'll be submitting tomorrow, after another round of proofreading.
There is no friend as loyal as a book.
~ Ernst Hemingway

:techie-studyingbrown:
Tabuya Dube
Favorite Book: Killing Abel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tabuya-dube.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by Tabuya Dube »

I just finished reading this book. I really enjoyed it and was quite impressed by the author's imaginative and insightful take on the subject. It's definitely 4 out of 4 stars for me!
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

gali wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 08:46 This is a discussion topic for the June 2020 Book of the month, Killing Abel, by Michael Tieman

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
Overall, this book was a good read. I really liked the author's twists in his interpretation of the biblical story. However, there were some of his opinions I didn't agree with. For example, him connoting that Cain was beyond redemption, but to each his own, I guess. I will recommend it for my friends who like a bit of christian theology.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Janet Kimetto »

I enjoyed reading this book and rated it 4 out of 4 stars. I liked the flow of the story and the fact that it was written in a simple way. I was impressed by the writer's imagination and even found the story suspenseful. I don't agree with some of his interpretations, though, but it's not difficult to see most of the events as having happened the way he imagined them.
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Rachel Gillig, One Dark Window
Chibuike Hillary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibuike-hillary.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Chibuike Hillary »

I enjoyed reading this book as it clearly demonstrated events that occurred in the garden. I was fascinated by the writer's depth revelation which made him produce such a masterful piece of writing. Indeed, it must have been truly revealed to him by God. Although the book contained more events not centred around the murder of Abel, I see it as very enlightening. I will gladly recommend it to those who need in-depth knowledge about events that transpired in the garden, and also, how Adam and Eve lived in their early days.
John korir
Favorite Book: Sandra Eden's War
Currently Reading: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit?
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-korir.html
Latest Review: Marco Martinez by R M Allan

Post by John korir »

killing Abel is an interesting book that religious people should look up to .The author has tried to describe the fall of man in an interesting way, gives the systematic generation of Adam and Eve to the family of Noah. Teaches on obedience to Elders. It clearly teaches on the book of Genesis chapter 2 to 8.intresting piece
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

This book introduced me to a new and different dimension to the genesis of man. I often viewed Cane as a deranged and wicked person but later understood that he murdered Abel out of rage and jealousy. I liked that he tried making up for his misdeeds too.
Aeesha Bashir
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aeesha.html
Latest Review: The Bridge by Andrew Palmer
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Aeesha Bashir »

This isn't my typical genre of book but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The way the author explained things I hadn't thought of before was just amazing. I would definitely recommend it to people.
Aeesha :techie-studyinggray:
Spencer Maina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencer-maina.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Spencer Maina »

4/4 stars. Found it interesting in some way despite being majorly about someone's imagination.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

The level of creativity by Michael Tieman is beyond words. The story of Genesis was laid out so well that it felt realistic. The author is talented and has very good knowledge of the Bible. Killing Abel should not be taken too seriously else people might get offended.
Bennaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bennaji.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Bennaji »

As a book that I read and really enjoyed, I can confidently say that the book is a wonderful one. I love the concept behind the creation of the book. I love that it is unique and would definitely recommend it to everybody around me.
Creole
Favorite Book: Tales from the Gray Area
Currently Reading: Trapped in Pairadice
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-creole.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson

Post by Creole »

I congratulate the author for his vivid imagination. However, some of his embellishments, such as God not being omnipresent and omniscient, did not sit well with me. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the book. It makes a great read.
Bennete+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bennete.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Bennete+ »

Killing Abel is a creative interpretation of Genesis: Adam to Noah. Michael Tieman adds flesh to the bible story without changing the original version. Yay to religious fiction.
Ola_Elise
Currently Reading: The Dream Keepers
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ola-elise.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ola_Elise »

I really enjoyed this book. It had a lot of impact on me, and thanks to Michael Tieman for coming up with something unique like this. I would love to read more of his books.
Books are a unique form of accessible magic. Reading is required for those who wish to rise above the mundane. If you dislike reading, it's most likely because you haven't found the right book.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”