Overall rating and opinion of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

The book is based on the Bible bit it's fictional. Therefore, the author filled the missing spots with his own narrative wich I found extremely inovative and a fresh perspective. I enjoyed the book and I'm not religious.
Bef Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

Killing Abel was beautiful overall. I think a person with open mind would enjoy this book more. The book gets better when you have a good knowledge of the original story.
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Online Concept »

I like the style which the author used in narrating the story, it made it exciting to read but the twists were excessive. He twisted the story from the original one and this was unnerving. And because of this, I would rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Mellino Itz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

There is so much I love about this book. The author used his imagination to fill in between the stories that are contained in the Bible and I found that to be amazing. The author showed creativity with this book. I could enjoy going to red my Bible after reading this book. I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

I have recently just picked this book to review.
The title caught my attention to be honest. I have really high expectations of this book I hope my expectations will not be cut short
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

I rated this book threw out of four stars. I don't understand why a book that is based on the bible should contain profane words. Is such a book supposed to be rated 18 or what? I didn't give it a lesser rating because I actually loved the story and I admire the author's creativity and thinking out all those fill-ins for events in the bible.
Samantha Calderon 1
Favorite Book: Dying Well
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-calderon-1.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Samantha Calderon 1 »

I really enjoyed how Tieman always references the events in this novel to that of a father and his children, which demonstrated different lessons to be learned as a father. And the way he describes the events that take place in the book was fantastic. :D
Samantha Calderon 1
Favorite Book: Dying Well
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-calderon-1.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Samantha Calderon 1 »

My overall opinion of the book is that is was a fantastic fictional work that was based on the Bible. I really enjoyed the retelling of Bible stories through a more emotional and drama filled take on thee Bible, especially considering that there is a large gap in years during each chapter of Genesis.

What I liked most is the character portrayal of Cain, although the character is slightly different then the portrayal of Cain in the Bible I really enjoyed his character. At one point while reading Cain's relationship with his brother Abel I believed that their relationship would deviate from that of the Bible, the shock I felt when reading of the brutalized murder of Abel was truly fantastic writing.

What I did not really like was how descriptive the author was at times, I felt like he tried to describe the events with far too many words which took away from the excitement I felt while reading it.

I would recommend this book to those who are interested in a good read on fratricide, but not to those who are actually interested in the Christian religion.

With all this known I have rated this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

This book is intriguing and loved the way the author interpreted the jounery of first crime of human and the Noah's story. It was entertaining to read.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Goody book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goody-book.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Goody book »

O love the book do much although some parts were contradicting the Bible. The storyline of the book is nice. I recommend this book to bible scholars.
MichelleYong
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelleyong.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by MichelleYong »

This book is very good. The author took the texts of genesis, filled it with his own imagination, and produce a combination of both. First, a reader will be introduced to the characters, and also see how the world in Genesis is described. Then, everything that will happen feels so natural, it felt like it was bound to happen sooner or later. The plot twist of Cain's arc was also unexpected, and the way it leads to a bigger problem makes the story even better. What I liked the least is the somewhat long drawl of Noah's character arc, but the story would not have been truly completed without it.

I definitely will recommend this book to other people, especially those who grew up learning about or have read the book of Genesis.
Deeda Harris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-daay.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Deeda Harris »

Killing abel is a book that deserves a perfect 5 out of 5 star rating, presently reading the book and it's a really great piece. The author's creativity in building the biblical characters is amazing.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Agbata Trust »

I will rate this book four out of fours stars due to the amazing work of imagination. It quite an easy read especially for those who knows the Bible it would be very easy to relate.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: What Makes You Feel Better That Starts With The Letter by Sienna L. Ambrose

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

I liked the Noah story, Abel story and many more. I rated the book 5 stars because it was interesting and I feel it was worth the time. The fact that the author was also creative in his writing is also something to commend. In general the book was great
Mimi JJ1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimi-jj1.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Mimi JJ1 »

The review is a great one, I love it

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”