Grace Revealed vs The Shack

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
Edwin Amah
Currently Reading: Mug the Wumph the Dancing Wizard
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwin-amah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Re: Grace Revealed vs The Shack

Post by Edwin Amah »

I will not like to compare. The two books have different views that each reader depicts based on our own understanding. Both discussions are about grace. But we all have to draw conclusions based on how we understood each, so comparison is a no for me.
Vicky-kooro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Vicky-kooro »

I think reading both books gives a deeper understanding of the realness of God and his grace. Grace revealed talks about people experience during crisis and how they overcame by God grace. The Shack speaks about dealing with grief and the existence of God.
Kemmy11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemmy11.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kemmy11 »

There shouldn’t be comparison between both books as they both talk about the grace of God, though with slight difference as the shack also talks about the existence and realness of God.
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Kemmy11 wrote: 27 May 2020, 17:41 There shouldn’t be comparison between both books as they both talk about the grace of God, though with slight difference as the shack also talks about the existence and realness of God.
I agree with you. I wouldn''t compare them either. There is just no need. Both can be very useful but in somewhat different ways.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Vicky-kooro wrote: 27 May 2020, 09:37 I think reading both books gives a deeper understanding of the realness of God and his grace. Grace revealed talks about people experience during crisis and how they overcame by God grace. The Shack speaks about dealing with grief and the existence of God.
Yes, and maybe Grace Revealed could be more approachable with so many different personal stories. And can be read one chapter at a time and the reader can get the idea of the story. The Shack you have to read the whole book to get the idea of the book.
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

I'll recommend Grace Revealed because it covers different stories that readers will find relatable. During a crisis, it could be more beneficial. The Shack can also be recommended. Both appear similar.
kdhutchinson
Favorite Book: Dayscapers
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdhutchinson.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by kdhutchinson »

B Creech wrote: 25 May 2020, 01:31 I absolutely loved "The Shack!" It is one of the best books I've ever read! However, in a crisis I would prefer to read "Grace Revealed." For me, "The Shack" was more about one central character in search of finding out if God is real. In "Grace Revealed" there are stories about different people that share their experiences. The stories remind you that you are not alone as far as difficult situations in lif, and can help you get refocused. Both books show God's grace.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this response.

It's not whether one or the other is more particularly suited for a crisis, though, in my opinion. To me its more about how the reader relates to the book themselves and what they can get from it, so it isn't so black and white!
“All this happened, more or less.”
-Kurt Vonnegut
Kemmy11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemmy11.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kemmy11 »

AntonelaMaria wrote: 23 May 2020, 09:07 I don't know why would we even compare them? Both seem very subjective to the reader. It is how you perceive them. I like the diverse topics in this book. For me personally The Shak was more about grief and closure and God's existence...whereas here we have much more situation to identity with. Nevertheless, I would recommend both.
I agree with you on reading both books to strengthen our understanding of God and his grace.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Kemmy11 wrote: 29 May 2020, 16:53
AntonelaMaria wrote: 23 May 2020, 09:07 I don't know why would we even compare them? Both seem very subjective to the reader. It is how you perceive them. I like the diverse topics in this book. For me personally The Shak was more about grief and closure and God's existence...whereas here we have much more situation to identity with. Nevertheless, I would recommend both.
I agree with you on reading both books to strengthen our understanding of God and his grace.
Yes. But not to compare them. I really find that unnecessary.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

There are many great books on faith that can bring a lot of peace and hope to the reader. I think that The Shack is just the most popular one.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

ZettieOby wrote: 26 May 2020, 07:54 From what i ave read, Grace revealed talk about peoples experiences during crisis and how they overcame by God's grace while The Shack speaks about dealing with grief and finding out if God real.
I believe so too. Maybe this book is more "useful" in general. I would definitely recommend it to everyone, not just people in crisis.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Vivianne Nat wrote: 25 May 2020, 23:32 I guess both books have their own strengths and yes, they might be written with the same central idea similarly to each other but are quite different when it comes to the web ay it was expressed. So i think both books are a good read for people who share the same sentiments as the ones in the stories and even for those who aren't.
And maybe we shouldn't compare them as they need and can exist both. It depends on what is reader seeking.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Both books are good in their own manner, and they are written for purposes which can be considered same as well as different at the same time. Both books can be recommended to same audience
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Julyet_Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julyet-chris.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Post by Julyet_Chris »

Both books differ in their own way and they carry different messages,Depends on the reader and whatever situation him/her finds theirselves in,So I wouldn’t want to compare.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Julyet_Chris wrote: 31 May 2020, 15:17 Both books differ in their own way and they carry different messages,Depends on the reader and whatever situation him/her finds theirselves in,So I wouldn’t want to compare.
Yes very much so each book can be in its own way inspiring to the readers.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”