Three phases of a Life of a Christian

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
Camarathy21
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camarathy21.html
Latest Review: Make Me Tick by Nick Carr

Re: Three phases of a Life of a Christian

Post by Camarathy21 »

I concur with the author in this. Every Christian go through this three phases. Personally I conceive grace as very inevitable in the life of a Christian. So whenever one has that grace, he shouldn't relent in returning it to others.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Harty Muli »

I have experienced crisis in my life where I saw what I have built over time taken from me in an instant. The grace part is where God has allowed me to live after that without apathy for life or resentment. A second chance at life helps me to understand and help others who are in a similar crisis.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Camarathy21 wrote: 27 Jun 2020, 09:23 I concur with the author in this. Every Christian go through this three phases. Personally I conceive grace as very inevitable in the life of a Christian. So whenever one has that grace, he shouldn't relent in returning it to others.
Definitely. No one should hesitate to help others
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Sushan Ekanayake
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star

Slater678 wrote: 28 Jun 2020, 01:18 I have experienced crisis in my life where I saw what I have built over time taken from me in an instant. The grace part is where God has allowed me to live after that without apathy for life or resentment. A second chance at life helps me to understand and help others who are in a similar crisis.
Getting a second chance in life is a great sort of grace for many, and identifying the purpose of it is really important

- Bill Gates -

victoriasimons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriasimons.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by victoriasimons »

Yes, this is such an important point to highlight. I have heard a similar non-religious version of the concept wherein you must forgive yourself in order to forgive others. We are all human and likely to experience crisis.
Ify_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Return to Eternity by Jenni Barnett

Post by Ify_Reviewer »

The three phases in life are quite relatable. Personally, I have seen my life go through these phases.
Sushan Ekanayake

victoriasimons wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 15:37 Yes, this is such an important point to highlight. I have heard a similar non-religious version of the concept wherein you must forgive yourself in order to forgive others. We are all human and likely to experience crisis.
This concept is not limited to religions, it is universal

- Bill Gates -

Sushan Ekanayake

Ify_Reviewer wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 13:41 The three phases in life are quite relatable. Personally, I have seen my life go through these phases.
The ones who have got personal experience understand it better

- Bill Gates -

char8026
Currently Reading: Dark Fae
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-char8026.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by char8026 »

I agree with the author in the three phases, and I think at some point in my life I have experienced all three. I am still working on developing my relationship with God, and finding my faith. I do think I am working in number 3, returning grace. This is still a hard concept for me. But I am working on doing better.
Sushan Ekanayake

char8026 wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 12:18 I agree with the author in the three phases, and I think at some point in my life I have experienced all three. I am still working on developing my relationship with God, and finding my faith. I do think I am working in number 3, returning grace. This is still a hard concept for me. But I am working on doing better.
Trying to fulfill the third phase is much better when most people just ignore it

- Bill Gates -

Uncle_Praise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uncle-praise.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Uncle_Praise »

I totally agree with the author about the 3 phases of life of a Christian. The first stage: facing a crisis, which is the hardest of all. Acknowledging that phase in your life as God's plan is the toughest to do. But as time goes on and you look back, you see why that phase had to come through in your life. Likewise the remaining two phases.
Sushan Ekanayake

Uncle_Praise wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 04:05 I totally agree with the author about the 3 phases of life of a Christian. The first stage: facing a crisis, which is the hardest of all. Acknowledging that phase in your life as God's plan is the toughest to do. But as time goes on and you look back, you see why that phase had to come through in your life. Likewise the remaining two phases.
Everything happens for good as well as for a reason

- Bill Gates -

drwcroaker
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: Brothas from Anotha Motha
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drwcroaker.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B07XR7CPXG
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by drwcroaker »

For the most part, I agree with the author. Unfortunately, it usually takes a crisis for me to remember that it is God who is in control of my life not me. I often pretend that I am in control so I can do what I want to do instead of waiting to ask God what he wants me to do. Of course, living this way means that I keep making mistakes till my life reaches crisis level, and I am forced to turn back to God, plead for his forgiveness, and then finally listen to what he says. I think the purpose of this book is to demonstrate that hearing testimony from others about the times that God has saved them is something that can help us avoid falling into a crisis. Also, when we do face a crisis, the stories of others helps us have faith that God will lead us out of that crisis and our lives will be better for it.
We’re gonna need a bigger bookshelf.
Sushan Ekanayake

drwcroaker wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 20:09 For the most part, I agree with the author. Unfortunately, it usually takes a crisis for me to remember that it is God who is in control of my life not me. I often pretend that I am in control so I can do what I want to do instead of waiting to ask God what he wants me to do. Of course, living this way means that I keep making mistakes till my life reaches crisis level, and I am forced to turn back to God, plead for his forgiveness, and then finally listen to what he says. I think the purpose of this book is to demonstrate that hearing testimony from others about the times that God has saved them is something that can help us avoid falling into a crisis. Also, when we do face a crisis, the stories of others helps us have faith that God will lead us out of that crisis and our lives will be better for it.
One can gain a lot by listening to other's testimonies

- Bill Gates -

Tochukwu Godson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochukwu-godson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tochukwu Godson »

Yes, it's genuinely practicable. Part of what it means to receive grace is to receive forgiveness from God. On the other hand, part of what it means to give it is to give mercy to those who offend you.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”