favorite story

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 350

Re: favorite story

Post by Tars »

Deborah kalu wrote: 04 May 2020, 17:48 What I so much admire in the book is the work of faith and how to stick to God in good times and in bad times. Many of us only remember God when the going is rough and very bitter, and when it become sweet and Smooth.....oh!! we totally forgot that God exist.I learned so much in the story of JANE she never allow her situations to take control of her faith.She remain focus even when the world seems to be over for her.
So true, but only natural that in times of great distress and hardship people seek hope and find faith.
JeanyJean
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanyjean.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by JeanyJean »

Deborah kalu wrote: 15 May 2020, 15:29
Nujudee wrote: 14 May 2020, 18:03 Jane's story carried so much Message.
I'm glad she pulled through it
Yes,she is indeed an example of a good Christian. She never allow her circumstances to control her faith,which most Christians do.
The level of faith that Jane possess can be compared to the Faith of Abraham when He was asked to go sacrifice his son. Jane could have easily turned against God and started blaming Him for the hardships she was facing but She choose to hold on in Faith.Thats indeed a perfect example of a good Christian.
Awilson531
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awilson531.html
Latest Review: Playing the Badger Game by Robert Henson

Post by Awilson531 »

I would say Jane by far. Her persistence with life and society despite experiencing loss to such a high degree, several times really resonated with me and I found this inspiring. The fact she was able to remain a good Christian throughout was also inspiring.
Fatima Saif
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading: Make Fitness A Priority
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-saif.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Fatima Saif »

Well I like Jane's story because his faith is so strong that he was rewarded for his faith and loyalty.
Haywhyre7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haywhyre7.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by Haywhyre7 »

Cross Marte's story was my favourite. His turn around story is one I've found inspirational
Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

I liked the story of Jane the most. I liked how much faith he had in the god all the time.
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

I find myself juggling between stories and can not specifically say which story is my favourite.
Astrid H
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astrid-h.html
Latest Review: ...on your way home...Do This by George Six

Post by Astrid H »

B Creech wrote: 02 May 2020, 14:32
AntonelaMaria wrote: 01 May 2020, 04:40 Which character or story resonated with you the most?
I found this book owerwhealming to read, especially as I read it in one sitting. I think there are many stories here that were hard to read. I could understand turning to faith in hardships. I liked reading about Jane. I am in awe of her strangth especially after losing so much, her dad, son and then taking care of her mom. The life just kept on punching her with blow after blow. She found solace in her faith. I find that admirable. It would be so easy to blame God for so much heartache.
I think it is actually easier to turn to faith in hardships than it is when all is well. However, we should have faith during the good times and the bad. Jane certainly was pummeled over and over again with trials, but she must have had a strong foundation for her faith. I think the key here is that she found solace in it. That proves to me she has faith when things are good and even when they are bad. Many times we don't think about God until something comes along to upset our lives. It was Jane's faith that helped her get through all she had to face.
I think each person has their own path and Papa God respects that, what I mean is perhaps one person may find it easier to find God during hardships and another when all is well, perhaps? it's just my opinion. But i can see where you are coming from and it is true that in general in our modern society God is not thought of, for many reasons, worship of science and "logic" culture, capitalism, over-work environment...etc
Astrid H
Currently Reading:

Post by Astrid H »

AntonelaMaria wrote: 06 May 2020, 07:13
Deborah kalu wrote: 04 May 2020, 17:48 What I so much admire in the book is the work of faith and how to stick to God in good times and in bad times. Many of us only remember God when the going is rough and very bitter, and when it become sweet and Smooth.....oh!! we totally forgot that God exist.I learned so much in the story of JANE she never allow her situations to take control of her faith.She remain focus even when the world seems to be over for her.
I agree. I think I related to the Franks story a lot. Because of his struggles with anxiety. I think listening to his story I could understand my situation better. At the end of it all I do believe that nothing is impossible when comes to God.
"At the end of it all I do believe that nothing is impossible when comes to God" Amen! I believe Goddy wants us to have a good life and he wants to provide but I wonder if it is actually US that bring hardships to ourselves instead of him?
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Astrid H wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 07:10
I agree. I think I related to the Franks story a lot. Because of his struggles with anxiety. I think listening to his story I could understand my situation better. At the end of it all I do believe that nothing is impossible when comes to God.
"At the end of it all I do believe that nothing is impossible when comes to God" Amen! I believe Goddy wants us to have a good life and he wants to provide but I wonder if it is actually US that bring hardships to ourselves instead of him?
I love your post! I don't believe God sends us hardships. I believe we bring a lot of things on ourself then God gives us the Grace to handle them if we just have enough faith!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Astrid H
Currently Reading:

Post by Astrid H »

B Creech wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 11:28

I love your post! I don't believe God sends us hardships. I believe we bring a lot of things on ourself then God gives us the Grace to handle them if we just have enough faith!
Exactly!! Goddy is our Dad! what parent would want to see their child suffer? Most parents want to help their children, imagine Papa God! Unfortunately some of his children even though he tells them not to stick their fingers in the electricity wire, some still do, some kids learn by getting schocked as in they get the experience and then they learn, parents know that, I bet Goddy rolls his eyes at us everytime we do that XD
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Astrid H wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 09:39
B Creech wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 11:28
Exactly!! Goddy is our Dad! what parent would want to see their child suffer? Most parents want to help their children, imagine Papa God! Unfortunately some of his children even though he tells them not to stick their fingers in the electricity wire, some still do, some kids learn by getting schocked as in they get the experience and then they learn, parents know that, I bet Goddy rolls his eyes at us everytime we do that XD
Hahaha! You are probably right! I know I sometimes just shook my head and thought "I told him, but he didn't listen." when one of my kids did something I had lectured them about! I'm sure God does the same thing with us!!!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Echezonachukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echezonachukwu.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Echezonachukwu »

I totally agree with you. And this is why a lot are not so grounded in faith. Even after joining the faith, if it seems as if things are not working out as expected, they tend to lose their faith easily
Shalom Mugisha
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shalom-mugisha.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Shalom Mugisha »

My favourite book was "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White .
This book provided me an elevator to my mind , soul, and heart . I really appreciated it in one way or the other.
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

Jane's story remains my favorite part of this book.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”