Literary Devices, Subtle Imagery, Etc.

Use this forum to discuss the April 2020 Book of the month, "Project Tau" by Jude Austin
Thea Frederick
Currently Reading: Little Dorrit
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thea-frederick.html
Latest Review: How to Cope: Parenting a Child with Special Needs by Christine E. Staple Ebanks

Re: Literary Devices, Subtle Imagery, Etc.

Post by Thea Frederick »

Wow, that's a really interesting point! I would never have noticed something like that (or if I did I wouldn't have attributed any importance to it). Thanks for mentioning it!
-Thea M. Frederick
Brianna_MC_griffin97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brianna-mc-griffin97.html
Latest Review: Finding James by Nancy Blaha

Post by Brianna_MC_griffin97 »

I noticed that Project Kata's name came from the first two letters of 'Kalin' and 'Taylor' (the 'Ka' from Kalin and the 'ta' from Taylor), so I wondered how the scientists came up with the name for Project Tau. Is "Tau" short for a longer name? If Project Tau is a "clone", then who was he cloned from? He acted like a young child, so was he cloned from another child and given that personality?
Salina shafi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salina-shafi.html
Latest Review: The Bell Maker by Chris Bowen

Post by Salina shafi »

I noticed how the author used references to create an image for the audience. I think that a name has a lot of power and it has power towards one's identity. If you remove a name, you remove an identity. A name is given to identify.
Marion Jepkosgei
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marion-jepkosgei.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Marion Jepkosgei »

esp1975 wrote: 11 May 2020, 19:40 Renfield is actually the name of Dracula's ghoul. There's a syndrome named Renfield syndrome that is an obsession with drinking blood.
I found that to be an interesting literary reference since he was as close to a hero as the book had. The person who is famed with helping the non-humans here was the champion on the human who others thought to be non.
Wow! Didn't even know this. This is great to know.
Nwaogazie Goodness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaogazie-goodness.html
Latest Review: The Harlem Story by Danny Holst

Post by Nwaogazie Goodness »

You just brought this to my notice. This is super cool! Thanks
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

teacherjh wrote: 24 May 2020, 03:57 This might be a stretch, but a mason builds things and Mason created the whole company. However, he seems so clueless to me in his understanding of what's going on. 'Go catch them'. Really?
You could say the same thing about Dennison. He literally thought the projects would obey him even at the brink of his death; even at a losing situation, he thought he was superior to them. The audacity in him is mad.

The entire book revolves around Karma. Kata and Tau killing everyone at the facility. Do you think Renfield's death was actually Karma's work for Amy Saunders who turned a blind eye to all the terror happening inside GenTech? Sublte idea. I saw this idea in the Karma or Romantic-drama? post in this forum.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright

Return to “Discuss "Project Tau" by Jude Austin”