Loose Ends - What more do you want to see following the end of the story?

Use this forum to discuss the April 2020 Book of the month, "Project Tau" by Jude Austin
InventorT
Currently Reading: One Way or Another
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inventort.html
Latest Review: Better Dead Than Divorced by Lukas Thanasis Konandreas, M.D.

Re: Loose Ends - What more do you want to see following the end of the story?

Post by InventorT »

I think I would really love to see kata brought to book and how kalin and his parents relationship plays out
Lia A
Favorite Book: Aurora Rising
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lia-a.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Lia A »

I would like to see how Kalin's family reacts to him. I would also like to see how Tau copes with the outside world.
โ€œ๐“ž๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ช๐“ต๐”€๐“ช๐”‚๐“ผ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ซ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ด๐“ผ, ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ญ๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ถ, ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ญ๐“ผ ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“น๐“ธ๐”€๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ ๐“พ๐“ผ.โ€
โ€• ๐“’๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ป๐“ช ๐“’๐“ต๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ, (๐“’๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฌ๐“ด๐”€๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ด ๐“๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ต)
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

I dont't expect to see any action from Jimmy or Amy because both of them don't have any incriminating evidence on GenTech. The fact that the boys turned the world upside down inside the GenTech building brought me enough peace but I'm pretty sure the company will still hunt them.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

As we are discussing the human rights of the clones in the other topics, I want to know what Kata will do about Tau? Will he find a way to fabricate papers to make Tau a human? Or will he fight to get the clones a right?
rahilshajahan

Post by rahilshajahan »

Sou Hi wrote: โ†‘12 Aug 2020, 03:20 As we are discussing the human rights of the clones in the other topics, I want to know what Kata will do about Tau? Will he find a way to fabricate papers to make Tau a human? Or will he fight to get the clones a right?
I'm reading the next book in the series. It has a pretty good start; I don't want to spoil anything but I'll correct your clone rights argument. These Projects are like pets to owners according to the book; someone has to buy them from their previous owner to have legal binding with their Project.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

rahilshajahan wrote: โ†‘12 Aug 2020, 03:29
Sou Hi wrote: โ†‘12 Aug 2020, 03:20 As we are discussing the human rights of the clones in the other topics, I want to know what Kata will do about Tau? Will he find a way to fabricate papers to make Tau a human? Or will he fight to get the clones a right?
I'm reading the next book in the series. It has a pretty good start; I don't want to spoil anything but I'll correct your clone rights argument. These Projects are like pets to owners according to the book; someone has to buy them from their previous owner to have legal binding with their Project.
Thanks for your information. So after being an experiment subject, it is the age of slavery, how sad.
rahilshajahan

Post by rahilshajahan »

Kachi_Ejiogu+_ wrote: โ†‘22 Apr 2020, 16:55 What will soothe my sense of satisfaction is to see how Kalin's reunion with his parents will look like.

Now that's it for me..
You are in for quite the ride my friend! Read Homecoming to satisy yourself.
rahilshajahan

Post by rahilshajahan »

Sou Hi wrote: โ†‘12 Aug 2020, 03:34
rahilshajahan wrote: โ†‘12 Aug 2020, 03:29
Thanks for your information. So after being an experiment subject, it is the age of slavery, how sad.
You are not actually wrong. The second book ends with rather a dark realisation, along the lines of what you have said.
R Lefler
Currently Reading: Moby Dick;
Bookshelf Size: 375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-lefler.html
Latest Review: Chameleons by Onyx Gold

Post by R Lefler »

What I was mostly curious about is the future of GenTech and their cloning programs. Will they have to answer for keeping Kalin locked up and treating him like a Project? Will human rights groups start pushing for Projects to have more legal rights if Tau and Kata give testimony about what happened to them? I was kind of surprised that there were either no activists for Projects' rights in this world, or the ones that did exist had no power. But then again, Tau was the first Project who truly had a functional, human-like mind. Previous projects had been failures. Maybe the concept, being so new, was easier to keep secret from the general public? But in real life, people worry about all kinds of biomedical issues. People have taken to the streets about things like stem cell research and arguments over the decision of when to "pull the plug" on a terminally ill person. It seemed a little strange that no one knew, cared, or spoke out about the human cloning before.
โ€œThe supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.โ€
โ€• Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Laura Mich
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-mich.html
Latest Review: A Woman's Rise To Courage by Birgit T Klare

Post by Laura Mich »

Kalin's quest for approval and acceptance in the society led him to go extra miles that proved destructive. He also has a strained relationship with his mother, hence his disappearance. I'm longing to read the reactions from Kalin's mother when she finds out that her son is alive.
Laura Mich
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-mich.html
Latest Review: A Woman's Rise To Courage by Birgit T Klare

Post by Laura Mich »

Additionally, I'd want to see how Kata is brought to justice.

Return to โ€œDiscuss "Project Tau" by Jude Austinโ€