Overall rating and opinion of "Project Tau" by Jude Austin

Use this forum to discuss the April 2020 Book of the month, "Project Tau" by Jude Austin
Carennkemdiala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carennkemdiala.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Project Tau" by Jude Austin

Post by Carennkemdiala »

I have always been a die hard fan of science fiction. For me, it just makes your mind go wild and think of achieving the impossible. The book is really engaging from the start although it didn’t end as I expected.

I would recommend the book to other people because of the plot and changes submerged in the storyline.
Chege_wanjiku
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chege-wanjiku.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Chege_wanjiku »

This book is intriguing, it is also a little alarming! Scientists have been attempting to master cloning for many years! Sci-Fi has always been a thrill for me and this one made an exception.
Chege_wanjiku
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chege-wanjiku.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Chege_wanjiku »

This book is enjoyable, engaging, and fascinating. What I liked most was the qualities of and the relationship between the two Projects, Kata and Tau. I did not see anything I didn't like. I was very glad when I found out that a second book has already been published! Great work.
almeidabel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-almeidabel.html
Latest Review: The Juicy Fruit Man by LaMar Going

Post by almeidabel »

I love sci-fi and I really want to read this book, everyone reviewed it really well so I got my expectations really high
drwcroaker
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: Brothas from Anotha Motha
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drwcroaker.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B07XR7CPXG
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by drwcroaker »

I would have picked this book off the shelf in a book store based on the cover and the premise: Clones, engineered to be superior to humans, escape and must be captured. The first sentence, "Project Tau has escaped." peaked my interest so that I was willing to keep reading. Then one of the characters actually, "harrumphed." That was strike number one for me. Strikes two and three came soon after when the characters started delivering back story by telling each other things they both already knew. In a book store, that is when I would have put the book down and moved on, and that is what I'm doing with Project Tau.
We’re gonna need a bigger bookshelf.
Neha++
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading: The Billionaires’ Handbook
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neha.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Neha++ »

The author has touched a unique topic in sci-fi and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It was hard to put down the book once started reading. I mostly liked the relationship between Project Tau and Project Kata. We were able to meet different types of humans. I loved the technology used in the book. There was nothing I disliked.

My rating is 4 out of 4 stars. I will recommend this book to everyone as the plot is intriguing and the cast is well-developed.
TrudiNZ
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: The Illuminatus! Trilogy
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trudinz.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by TrudiNZ »

I have made it 75% through the book and struggling to continue. I read a lot of sci-fi and I have found this one laborious to read. The characters seem to spend most of their time arguing or being nasty to each other, even Kata and Tau's relationship is weird. I can't relate to any of these characters, none of them seem fully developed. Renfield says he had to dig deeply to uncover the what happened to Kalin, however I don't consider a quick trip to Kalin's home world and questioning a couple of people really to be an example of "digging deeply". I will keep reading and hope the book doesn't end how I think it will, maybe I will be surprised.
morijin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morijin.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by morijin »

This book is such a page turner. Although science fiction books are not really my bag, but I found this one hard to put down. It's a perfect score read for me.
Marxell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Marxell »

This book keeps you glued to your screen and full of suspense. The plot is amazing, keeps you digging to find out what is happening next. I love it.
A Y reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-y-reviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by A Y reviews »

I love the science fiction novel and enjoying practicing experiment work , I will definitely get this book
anaplasticCerebrum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anaplasticcerebrum.html
Latest Review: Milton at Monticello: Thomas Jefferson's Reading of John Milton by Kemmer Anderson

Post by anaplasticCerebrum »

Definitely an interesting read that echoes many of the concerns raised by other science fiction books. Something I liked about this one was how we got to see Kata and Tau's relationship develop. Other protagonists in the science fiction books I read seem isolated in some way, but perhaps that's because I read the more dystopian novels.
Jenny93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Jenny93 »

I find the story project Tau exciting and engaging from the beginning to the end of the story. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars because it is character driven and has an intriguing cast
Glamour92
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Glamour92 »

This book gets maximum rating for me. The storyline though revolving around two major characters (kata and Tau) was well written. The story was engaging from the beginning to the end, it has a full dose of suspense and action,it has a well balanced sentence structure. I will surely recommend this book to all science fiction readers
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

The book had me gripped right from the beginning. Initially, I felt sad for Denninson as he comes in contact with the rogue Project Kata. Later on, I despised Denninson so much, that I actually commend the author for making the readers pile up unimaginable amounts of hate for the character.

Being completely plot-driven, the novel was such a page turner, I was sweating at certain situations where I feared the safety of the protagonists. I would rate the book a solid four out of four. There aren't many books that I binge read; this one was an exception. I definitely recommend others to give this a read. Being a sci-fi thriller fan, this book was catnip for me.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
Purneemaa
Favorite Book: A Court of Mist and Fury
Currently Reading: Crescent City
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purneemaa.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Purneemaa »

When it comes to sci-fi books I am always very picky as sometimes the concepts and plots bore me to an extent that I don't want to read the book anymore. But this one is an absolute gold. The story-line is unique and spellbinding. I am so happy about the sequel as there were a few unanswered questions.

Return to “Discuss "Project Tau" by Jude Austin”