Overall rating and opinion of "Project Tau" by Jude Austin

Use this forum to discuss the April 2020 Book of the month, "Project Tau" by Jude Austin
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "Project Tau" by Jude Austin

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the April 2020 Book of the month, Project Tau: Science created them. Science trained them. Now science has lost control of them, by Jude Austin.

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

We meet Dennison and Mason, Doctors who created Project Kata and Project Tau. Once fully developed, the two creatures were trained to obey orders from their masters and become non-violent. One day, the creatures abscond ed from the lab forcing the doctors to go and look for them. The search wasn't easy because one of the creatures has invisibility ability. This ability contributes to the suspense in the narrative. Will the scientists succeed in capturing the creatures and take them back to the lab?

I find the story exciting and a page-turner. Readers will not be disappointed at all when reading the book. What I like about the book is that it portrays more scientific features rather than supernatural features.

The writing style is amazing because the story grips the readers attention from the beginning to the end. I did not find hard scientific terms, and this will help readers to swiftly read through the story without stumbling.

I'd rate the book at 4 out of 4 stars because it's a promising material. The readers will be entertained and enlightened about cloning. The story is narrated from the first-person perspective conversationally. The sentence structures are well-balanced.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

This book is such a page turner. Although science fiction is not my cup of tea, but I found this one hard to put down. It's a perfect score read for me.
kdhutchinson
Favorite Book: Dayscapers
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdhutchinson.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by kdhutchinson »

I have been waiting for April and this book to be the Book of the Month to read it and I am so excited. This novel seems like such a throwback to classic sci-fi, and even just reading through the free preview I found myself absolutely riveted. Yay for April and Project Tau!
“All this happened, more or less.”
-Kurt Vonnegut
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

I am still in the process of reading this book. What I have read so far is intriguing, and even a little unsettling! Creating Projects is not something to take likely. Scientists have been trying to master cloning for many years. To compare Project Tau to modern-day robots that have been developed is unnerving! I haven't decided what I like best and what I dislike most about the book yet, but so far I would give it 4 out of 4 stars!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Ari Martinez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Victoria's Choice
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ari-martinez.html
Latest Review: Finding A Way Forward by Karen Games

Post by Ari Martinez »

The last book I read about cloning was really interesting, so I'm intrigued about this one, I'll probably read it in the next few days. It sounds like a classic science-fiction book.
Oneka Quamina-Miguel
Currently Reading: Project Tau
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oneka-quamina-miguel.html
Latest Review: Zeus Defied by Rez Khan

Post by Oneka Quamina-Miguel »

I have started reading Project Tau today and I found that I kept on thinking 'I wonder what happens next'. There is suspense, there is action and the reality of the story keeps on building to really affect the reader. I am enjoying it so far. It's a page turner! :techie-studyingbrown:
LKAM15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by LKAM15 »

Project Tau by Jude Austin takes us into the world of human clones. Kalin Taylor wants to get into a fraternity. As an initiation test, he has to take a picture of a top-secret project, Project Tau. Little does he know that this silly fraternity prank will end up changing his life forever.

Overall, the writing style of the story is very vivid and detailed that the readers can imagine the scenario the book is showing. Though, the topic of the story definitely needs a deep understanding in order to keep going. The character advancement makes the story fascinating and readers are blessed to receive spine chiller angles also. I am intrigued with thoughts of cloning, hereditary designing, and futurism, so I was kept submerged in the story all through its movement. The story has the readers considering the fate of humankind, what makes us human, and how far is excessively far with regards to progressions. The startling prospects of where human developments can go if power is left unchecked include a lot of colors to the story.

Definitely had my support and love to this story!
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: Out of the Uniform, Back into Civilian Life: No Nonsense Veterans Benefits Guid by Jason Pike

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

Usually sci-fi novels are not my favorite picks. But I found the premise of human cloning super exciting. As a biologist, I have also found the scope of cloning enticing. I also love character-driven novels. So this book does justice!
Tavaiel26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tavaiel26.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tavaiel26 »

I loved the book 4/4. I loved the philosophical discussion it brings forward and the potential it has as a series set in a big universe. I was a bit squeaked by the mentions of sexual assault, I understand why it's there and what it brings to the story, It's just that lately someone is getting assaulted in every book I read. I will surely recommend this book to everyone I know that enjoys Sci-fi .
leximutia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leximutia.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by leximutia »

I just finished Project Tau, and I personally gave it a 4 out of 4 star rating. The story was engaging from beginning to end, as I do enjoy sci-fi, fantasy, action, and interesting settings. I really grew to root for our main characters Kata and Tau, as well as two of the scientists in particular, Reinfield and Chatton. While the ending was essentially a cliffhanger, I'm holding out in hopes for a sequel, because there a lot of plot details that I want to see resolved.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

I have never been a lover of Sci-fi novels but the novel, Project Tau made an exception. As one with a curious mind, the story kept me digging!
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caffrey-19.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Caffrey_19 »

This sci-fi Project Tau, is astounding and innovating. Cloning has been in existence for as far back as I can remember, and it’s a goal so many scientists are still setting out to achieve today. I’m impressed on how the writer was able to involve two striking but opposing motives in this book. One, is driven by the demand for slavery, while the other, is driven by the quest for freedom. I give this book a 4 out of 4 stars
leximutia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leximutia.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by leximutia »

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?
Overall opinion of the book? Super enjoyable, engaging, and intriguing. I loved it, and I pretty much read it through without interruption (save for bathroom breaks). What I liked most was the personalities of and the friendship between the two Projects, Kata and Tau. As for what I liked least... probably just the ending, although I do understand that it was meant to be a cliffhanger. I'm just looking forward to the continuation of the storyline and the answering of unresolved questions. Imagine my relief when I found out that a second book has already been published!

Without a doubt, I would recommend this book to others, even to those who don't typically go for the sci-fi genre. What stood out to me most was the intriguing cast, and I think the majority of readers would enjoy reading about Kata and Tay, how they change throughout the story and how their friendship develops.
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

I am halfway through the book and so far I am really impressed by the plot. Can’t wait to finish it. I am hooked on to this one.

Return to “Discuss "Project Tau" by Jude Austin”