Official Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Re: Official Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Florence Nalianya »

Thanks for an insightful review.I love books about cyber crime and the fact that it compromises some romance makes it my all time cup of tea.
Aisha_123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-123.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Aisha_123 »

It sounds like a lovely book but seeing the cover makes me uninterested. Thanks for the honest review!
Peter Fungamwango
Favorite Book: A New American Evolution
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by Peter Fungamwango »

Great review. It's good the book can be read as a stand alone. I am interested.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thank you for the insightful review! I like that the plot is suspenseful, and it seems like the author has put a lot of thought into her work.
Bles
Currently Reading: Dance of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bles.html
Latest Review: Nettie Boo by Judy Adams Brown

Post by Bles »

I read Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer and am glad that it turned out to be the best the fact that I love romance novels. Great review.
Books are beautiful.
Falconcrest
Currently Reading: Brass Rail
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falconcrest.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Falconcrest »

The book seems fascinating and will probably be a good read? I may give this one a pass as some topics highlighted in the book are of no interest to me. Thanks for a very informative review.
Nizar Ali Shah
Currently Reading: Tourist Trap
Bookshelf Size: 148

Post by Nizar Ali Shah »

It is a suspenseful and romantic novel.Cynthia is a beautiful woman doing well managing a great job on a mission to save the world.However her love ends in a fiasco
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Corina Elena »

I honestly didn't realise there were drones on the cover. I thought they were birds... From yhe first glance, the book looks like a romance novel. Great review! It was interesting to see that you reviewed the audio version of the book.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A suspenseful and romantic novel "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer,which revolves around Cynthia Patterson, the Chief of Security for a Senator, and Glenn,a Private Investigator, to combat terrorists with cyber war. They hire two computer geniuses, to complete their team. The plot looks interesting.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
ktmcnamara5
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ktmcnamara5 »

Does she tell Dan her dirty deed?! What happened at work?! What is she doing with her brother?! There is a lot more to find out that wants to keep me reading! The lunch and activities after we’re a little too detailed but I can see where the author was going with that....
Musicfalls22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Musicfalls22 »

I absolutely loved the free sample of this book. The author pairs up romance seamlessly with danger and suspense.
I would give the book 4 out of 5 stars so far. I can't wait to read the rest of the book!!
Phikim
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phikim.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Phikim »

The review is very well analysed. This gives a reader a detailed perspective of the content. Crime is instantaneously depicted from the first page. We see Glenn and Cynthia planning to commit an offence. They are analysing who they can incorporate in the system. Will Dan Maclntyre give in to the advances of the accomplices?
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
Lib -
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lib.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Lib - »

I liked the review because I use my computer quite a bit and am familiar with the DC and northern Virginia areas. I was a political intern for a US senator
many years ago. I would like to read this book. The review was very well done and covered all of the characteristics of the book. I would like to see if it is as good as the review describes it.

Lib -
blakejack1123
Currently Reading: Blood Bonds
Bookshelf Size: 217
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blakejack1123.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Post by blakejack1123 »

This is great review and the first that I have read on this forum about an audiobook. Great Job! I must say this is not a book that I would want to read. It is just not my genre. I agree about the cover. Sometimes I judge books by their cover and this one would be a complete turn off for me.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
aacodreanu
Favorite Book: The Billionaires’ Handbook
Currently Reading: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit?
Bookshelf Size: 450
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aacodreanu.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by aacodreanu »

It must be difficult to review an audiobook, as you actually do not read it. What I mean is that, when classically reading a book, one can go back on something they need clarified or can skip a few pages if they seem a little boring. Neither is possible when listening.
So I appreciate very much the level of detail of the review. I am not sure I agree with the statement that, quoting from memory, "if you do not mind a little romance you will love the cyberwar" or something like that. I suppose it means that if you do mind the romance you will give up reading so miss the chance of the cyberwar.
I agree that the information about unwanted pregnancy is misplaced here: the main purpose of a novel is to entertain. There are many sources of information for those interested in pregnancy or woman health matters.
Thank you for the great review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”