Official Review: Aussie Bush Yarns by Jennie Linnane

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Traceywacey88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Aussie Bush Yarns by Jennie Linnane

Post by Traceywacey88 »

I'm sure this book will be enjoyed by many, but unfortunately for me i struggled to get into it. It took me quite a while just to read The Yabby Creek Dance as i had to keep putting it down and going back to it.
dwightyb7
Favorite Book: Ironbark Hill
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dwightyb7.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by dwightyb7 »

Again, Ms. Linnane immediately captures your interest with the coming of age storyline and precisely, creative descriptions. The sample has captured my attention and I am ready to read the rest of Aussie Bush Yams!
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

I am a fan of the language used in the book - it's truly descriptive. I enjoyed this book, and can't wait for the next from the author.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

Sounds like a great combination of stories. " There are lessons buried in these pages, reminding us to appreciate our home, our family, and the simple things in life." These lessons are definitely how I feel about life. Congratulations on BOTD.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

You review was beautifully written - thank you! I have downloaded my copy. Yay! Today's BOTD is a collection of stories filled with life lessons. I love that with each additional story, the reader gets to know the characters, their families, and the town in which they live on a personal level. This sounds like a must read, and I cannot wait to get started. Thank you, again! :-)
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

Good review! Even I like stories containing plots set in rural areas. This book seems a compilation of many short stories and all of the stories are different and are set in a rural town (fictional) of Australia. There are many lively characters in the book, and they live in the village and lead a simple life. I enjoy reading this kind of book. I guess this book should be in my book rack.
Olaoluwa_oso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olaoluwa-oso.html
Latest Review: The Misadventures Of Jimmy Crookshank by D.R. Blair

Post by Olaoluwa_oso »

The book contains lots of short stories, the important thing is that the stories are all connected and not single stories. I love books that reminds me about family and how to appreciate them. Its really the simple things in life that matters. Good review.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1901
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

Reading the 'Official Review: Aussie Bush Yarns by Jennie Linnane' feels as reading the story of the book itself! A very deserving explanation of the contents of the story! It would be great to find beauty in the seemingly mundane experiences of hardworking folks! I would love to appreciate my home, family and simple things in life!
Niki99
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Niki99 »

I have always been a sucker for short stories and this book just pumped up my love for them a hundred times greater. The real life parallels were very close to the heart - he emotion, the human nature, the struggles, the dangers, happiness, sadness - each of which forming the big picture of Yabby Creak was like pieces of a puzzle all coming together in the end. Highly recommended.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I do not have any personal issue with the author, Jennie Linnae. But I am not very much fond of the themes that she write about. So, I will pass on this one. Anyway, congratulations on being BOTD
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
tiyamalik
Favorite Book: The Invisible Realm
Currently Reading: We are Blood and Thunder
Bookshelf Size: 1517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiyamalik.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by tiyamalik »

Your review has encouraged me to read this book. I'm not much into short stories myself, but it'll be worth a try.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Aussie Bush Yarns by Jennie Linnane is an #Anthology of  #ShortStories that revolves around the lives of the people in the beautiful Aussie bushland around the fictional town of Yabby Creek. It teaches life #Lessons and reminds the readers to appreciate their families and the simple things in life.

I have not decided whether to read or bypass reading this book.

Thanks for the review.

#Family #Australia
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

I sometimes enjoy reading short stories especially if the author is able to incorporate human nature so well. So, I hope I will get to read this one in future as it sure looks like Jennie has done so. Thanks for the great review.
imet123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imet123.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by imet123 »

Yabby creek sounds like a place that has a lot to offer. I will like to read it.
Amina-Ibrahim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amina-ibrahim.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Amina-Ibrahim »

I usually like short stories but as you said, they are too short for us to get to know the characters better. This book has removed that aspect of short stories and made it nearly perfect. Some of the topics described her are the same in both urban and rural areas, but the thoughts must be different and that intrigues me to read this book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”