Official Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: Mrs Geddes and other stories by Saman Mahanama Dissanayake

Re: Official Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

A book that apparently deals with the sport of fly fishing outdoors, but in the end, it is one that highlights the importance of friendship. A good option.
Monday prinze
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Monday prinze »

This book has a lot of lessons attached to it. The ladies in the story were very good at relating with each other easily. The ease with which they came together and worked together is a great example that can be imitated in our day to day endeavors. Also, the use of fly fishing sports in combination with female characters makes the story more fantastic.
Rachel Lea
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-lea.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rachel Lea »

This sounds like an awesome, inspiring read. I love stories with great character development. Thanks for your review!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one." -- George R.R. Martin :techie-studyingbrown:
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Post by Verna Coy »

This book sounds like a really positive read! Outdoor enthusiasts will likely enjoy it too. I appreciate that it focuses on the importance of friendship. Thanks for the great review!
Wanja Hannah
Currently Reading: From Liberty to Magnolia: In Search of the American Dream
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanja-hannah.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Wanja Hannah »

:mrgreen2: noWhen I started reading the book, judging from the cover I thought it was about cinemas. As I continued, I thought it was all about fly fishing but now that am deep into the book, I don't want to end. I find myself fixed into it. Great review.
Wanja Kenya
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

It is nice that the book was well written and edited. I am glad that you liked reading it. Congrats to the author on the 4/4 rating.
Oakies
Favorite Book: Divergent
Currently Reading: The Crystilleries of Echoland
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Oakies »

Honeslty I wasn't expecting this book to start off with speaking about flying fish as sport but yet there it is. The author managed to write the character as a passionate person who genuinely enjoys fishing and I am sure everyone knows the feeling of getting an interest in an activity and then pushing yourself to master it. This book showed the life of all three women and their experiences. It shows their journey and the readers are riding right along with them. It was really marvelous and I hope that Michelle Cummings continue her great work.
Washboard
Currently Reading: Murdered
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-washboard.html
Latest Review: The Sunken Forest by R. Barber Anderson

Post by Washboard »

I am so glad to hear that this is much more than a sports book! The loving friendships between the characters sounds very sweet. Great review!
“Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood.” ― George Orwell, 1984.
Ahmad_Ghafoor
Currently Reading: The Crystilleries of Echoland
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ahmad_Ghafoor »

:tiphat: 👌🔥The Reel Sisters ; from which we came to know that fishing is the profession which one is easy accept able by #women. Not only they can do moreover they enjoyed that fishing!! Glad😍 to have this story like book which appreciate women to grow up like they have to.. !! 💕
e-reeder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-reeder.html
Latest Review: The Poison Profession by Rachel Wright

Post by e-reeder »

A novel that talks about the dynamics in the world of fish-flying sounds good. It is nice that the women bonded well despite their different backgrounds. The editing is nearly flawless. I've read and reviewed this book. It is really interesting.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this is an entertaining story about four women and how they bond over fly fishing. If you like fishing, give this book a second look. Well done.
mrnobody3
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrnobody3.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by mrnobody3 »

Their friendship reminds me and my friends. It's good to have friends who are willing to listen your problems and lend their shoulders to cry on. I'm glad that this book have good editing with less errors. Great review indeed.
LyorBoone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lyorboone.html
Latest Review: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream by Dr Frank L Douglas

Post by LyorBoone »

I thought it strange to catch and release too. However, the book suggested the hook through the skin didn’t bug the fish any. And a hook separated from the fishing line would dissolve later. So the fish that got away will never return your fly to you. It truly is a beautiful book that found the perfect metaphor to make its story linger on your mind for a while. Great review!
“History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme” - Mark Twain. Dare we say the same thing about every story that gets told in the world?
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

This story was about more than just fly fishing. It was a story of true sisterhood. Women binding in true friendship. Congratulations on BOTD.
Chipochashe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chipochashe.html
Latest Review: Body in the Woods by Behcet Kaya

Post by Chipochashe »

You did a good job capturing the essence of the book. It is indeed more about sisterhood than it is about fly fishing although the author did a good job in making the sport attractive. It certainly encourages us to invest more in our relationships. Thank you for the excellent review.
:D Only God gives the strength to smile in the face of death.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”