Featured Official Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel [January 2020 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimberlyrascon
Favorite Book: Fix
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 131

Re: Featured Official Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel [January 2020 Book of the Month]

Post by kimberlyrascon »

The thrilling happenings of the four friends’ Man Mission adventures while interjecting these with bouts of occurrences in their lives. I got fascinated by what they had accomplished during their trips. Sometimes the conversations are humorous, other times they are emotive or insightful.  This book would make me want to travel the world and very interesting. A Man Mission. I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for the review!
Mukundi5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Mukundi5 »

This book is the type of book I love. All my whole life I've always wanted to travel n explore the world
SomaKenya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-somakenya.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by SomaKenya »

EmunahAns, that was quite an impressive snap shot of the book, having read the book as well, I enjoyed the adventures and the follow up on the real life on goings
Anto aja
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Anto aja »

From my point of view, I compare Themes and their contents ... and the contents are a little deviated from the theme itself, and will make the reader a little disappointed.thanks😁
Azokamchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azokamchi.html
Latest Review: The Most Unlikely Champion by Vera Koo

Post by Azokamchi »

Wow I love to travel and I hope to read this book. I'm sure it will end up firing up my desire to travel the world. Man Mission I will be reading you soon. Thanks, EmunahAn
angelkae05
Currently Reading:

Post by angelkae05 »

Eat, Pray, Love, from a man's perspective.

Four blokes take a week-long adventure trip – hiking, biking, or kayaking – each year, for fifteen years, starting in their late 20s. In the course of their travels, they hitch a ride with drug dealers in New Zealand, down kava shots on Fijian beaches, come face-to-face with a roaring lion in South Africa, luxuriate in a resort intended only for Vietnamese Communist officials, trek to Machu Picchu, and go ice climbing in Iceland.

Along the way they get married, start families, establish careers, and do all the stuff upright men are supposed to do. But when the challenges of real life come into conflict with the perfect lives they are supposed to be living, their friendship, and the yearly Man Mission, become something much more than an annual getaway – a source of stability, and a place to find redemption.

Part travel narrative and part roman à clef, Man Mission follows four regular guys across fifteen years, on an international, adventure-packed, humor-filled search for meaning and purpose, in a world where the traditional rules of “being a man” are no longer clear.
Ka Lesheka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Ka Lesheka »

The book seems to be very interesting, it shows us the different perspective of life while we are still on earth, a different adventure or lets say a different situation that we may encounter while we are still here, and taught as a lesson that we may use when ever we encounter such situation. I can't wait to have this book.
Manthoba6607

Post by Manthoba6607 »

Awesome book!! I felt like i was part of the adventure the entire time. :D
Ivona R
Currently Reading: Clean Water for Developing Countries
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivona-r.html
Latest Review: Restore Trust by Werner NEFF

Post by Ivona R »

I have to admit that reading this review, I first thought of "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" by Ann Brashares, except this book focuses on four men. I also must admit I did not really enjoy reading The Sisterhood. Perhaps these kind of books are not my cup of tea.
edztan15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edztan15.html
Latest Review: Sex Business Tokyo by Alta Eva Bourne

Post by edztan15 »

It seems like an uplifting book full of adventures. I hope that this is a character-driven story as I'm interested on how people deal with their challenges in life. I'm going to check this one out soon.
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

Great review! I've also read this book and loved the travel descriptions, although I did feel like at times there was too much emphasis on bro culture
Ahñ Mèiã
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ah-m-i.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

I love reading travel fiction books full with life wisdoms 😍😍 Thank you for the review
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

Man mission is a great book. It's shows that friendships can stand the test of time
Poetic Justice
Drmol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drmol.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Drmol »

I have just finished reading the book it was amazing and your review describe it very well.
Matthews Gali
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matthews-gali.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Matthews Gali »

When I started reading this book i thought that they were just stories of travel, but this story has another interesting part which is the life of the author and his friends. It is a very nice read.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”