Featured Official Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel [January 2020 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brendan Donaghy
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Re: Featured Official Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel [January 2020 Book of the Month]

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

I still haven't managed to get reading this one yet, even though I really like the sound of it. :(
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 341
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: Where's Baby, Momma? by Antoinette McDonald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

Based on your review, I downloaded this book on audible. I normally prefer to read rather than listen, but Man Mission sounds like one that might work out for me. I like travel stories and stories about people's lives. Thank you for motivating me to give this a try. I hope the audible narrator is able to capture the humor that you mentioned.
David+Hubbell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-hubbell.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Loved Caravaggio by Belle Ami

Post by David+Hubbell »

This is very thoughtful review. Men on adventures isn't a topic I find particularly interesting. Again, thanks for an excellent review.
Reviewer15
Currently Reading: The Hand Bringer
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewer15.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Reviewer15 »

After reading the review I am excited to read the the book and under go the travel adventure.
I would like to enjoy the adventure through the narration group of friends.
Hoping that this book would be give me my next travel destination.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

I really want to travel more and especially in this year 2020. This looks like an interesting read and should give one an idea of adventures and travel destinations. Nice review by the way and not a bad choice for January BOTM
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
Cheshire_wolf
Favorite Author: J.R. Ward
Favorite Book: Allison's Adventures in Underland
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheshire-wolf.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00TXSSXJ0
fav_author_id: 4145

Post by Cheshire_wolf »

Okay at first I thought this was going to be some sort of space mission novel, but when I read this review I found out my first assumption was WAY off. Gotta say though I'm pleasantly pleased that it's a book right up my alley, I love to travel! A book about going to different places and experiencing new things.... just wow. I cant wait to review this book after the one I have now. :D
Thank you for such an amazing review.
๐ŸŒบ๐”„๐”ฐ๐”ญ๐”ข๐”ซ ๐”Š๐”ž๐”ฏ๐”ซ๐”ข๐”ฏ๐ŸŒบ
Prudence Emillian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerrypru.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Prudence Emillian »

First, I love how after such a long time, Sam and his long lost friend reunite. Secondly, I love how the two friends travel together on different adventures to different places, especially because I myself love traveling, and are later joined by their two friends, Daniel and Alex. It is incredible how the four men manage to go through adventures even though some bring forth pain to them. This is great BOTM for January.
tsic
Favorite Book: The Mindset
Currently Reading: The Queen of Xana
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tsic.html
Latest Review: The Narrow Gate by John Servant

Post by tsic »

Jessacardinal wrote: โ†‘28 Jan 2019, 13:56 I have a feeling this book would make me want to travel the world!
Exactly my feeling too. Man Mission by Eytan Uliel is a well thought out book which exemplifies the value of friendship and appreciation of beautiful places the world has to offer. Reading this book will most definitely rekindle the desire to explore beautiful places near and far
"A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.โ€
โ€“Salman Rushdie
Nyambura Githui
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyambura-githui.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nyambura Githui »

Seems like quite the experience the four men have. Interesting story, it makes me really want to travel. Great review.
Tobewankenobe
Currently Reading: Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 58

Post by Tobewankenobe »

I wasn't initially excited about reading this one. Although I like travel books I've been more interested in those that feature women. Knowing that this book has a more character driven plot helps. Great review, thank you!
Lizzieitalia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzieitalia.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Lizzieitalia »

You have nicely portrayed this book, which sounds enticing for anyone who loves to travel and learn about the world (me!). It sounds like it also explores some interesting topics in life in an effective way. I look forward to reading it, thanks for the clear review.
Hershey Santos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hershey-santos.html
Latest Review: Spyder Bones by Oliver Phipps

Post by Hershey Santos »

Your review gave me goosebumps when you mentioned that they started their trip in New Zealand. I have this great desire to visit there and it makes me excited to find out what adventures the four friends have come across with. This book seem so exciting. I want it!
Clemens Nickleby
Favorite Book: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
Currently Reading: Free Plants for Everyone
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clemens-nickleby.html
Latest Review: Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Post by Clemens Nickleby »

Travelogue memoirs can be a mini-vacation for the reader. This one sounds like no exception and I may have to join these men on their mission and read the book. At any rate, I enjoyed reading the review!
Truth is stranger than Fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't. Mark Twain
Gacau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gacau.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Gacau »

Lizzieitalia wrote: โ†‘23 Jan 2020, 21:01 You have nicely portrayed this book, which sounds enticing for anyone who loves to travel and learn about the world (me!). It sounds like it also explores some interesting topics in life in an effective way. I look forward to reading it, thanks for the clear review.
Yea sure; it's a niice read for Adventure lovers and also all those who love to explore issues of life.
QueenShorty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queenshorty.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by QueenShorty »

When I first saw the cover, I was not quite interested. After reading your review it does not seem too bad of a read. Thank you

Return to โ€œOther Fiction Forumโ€