Official Review: Salt of the Earth by Kate Moschandreas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Re: Official Review: Salt of the Earth by Kate Moschandreas

Post by joycechitwa »

I like what you said that the book, though futuristic, is believable and not full of made-up sci fi stuff. Fresh water is becoming a contentious issue, so for sure, whoever will be able to patent the technology to desalinate ocean water en masse is going to be the wealthiest and also most targeted individual! Great job.
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

A futuristic fast paced action novel. 20 years from now? Intersting. I'm in. Love futuristic stories. Congratulations.
edith38
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edith38.html
Latest Review: Of Illusions and Ink Spills by Divya Hirani
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by edith38 »

I like it when a sci-fi books characters are scientists. It makes lot of sense in many levels. The cover is perhaps a little too similar to Catch me if you can movie poster but it does communicate the idea of running from something and for your life.
Looking forward to an exciting read.
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee

Post by Cristina Chifane »

Great review and a seemingly great book too! I am interested not only in the futuristic setting of this sci-fi thriller, but also in the development of credible characters such as Jess or Matteo. I'm definitely adding it to my reading list. Thank you!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Eileen R
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Eileen R »

Dystopian novels are always welcome.I really look forward to this, congrats on book of the day.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 3837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

This book reminds me of that movie from the 90s, The Net (Sandra Bullock). Although it was not set in the future, it had the same fast-paced action. I didn't think I was going to like it, but ended up loving it. That's why I pretty much know I'm going to like this book, especially judging from your very positive review and the others on Amazon. Looking forward to this futuristic and action-packed novel. Who knows...maybe it will be adapted, and I will definitely go see it. Thanks for your insightful review!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Aditi1992
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi1992.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Aditi1992 »

A really well-written review. I liked the character of Jess because she is strong in a male-dominated world. I love reading sci-fi stories so this one is a go-go for me. I loved the concept, desalination of water and converting it to fresh water and then fighting for it to make it available to normal people. I am going to download it.
a9436
Currently Reading: The Redbreast
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a9436.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by a9436 »

Your review has me hooked! I love dystopian sci-fi as well as of female scientists taking a leading role, and as a techno-sceptic this is definitely a book for me. Thank you for writing this.
xhina
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by xhina »

Blazingly paced, exciting, and satisfying—an excellent futuristic tale, and I am happy to see that it is like this for all! Moschandreas (We Could Fall, 2015) offers many thrilling, cinematic episodes of capture, concealment, and escape in this novel packed full of telling details about a world 20 years in the future: rich in technology but poor in arable land, drinkable water, and breathable air. Her main characters are well-rounded and sympathetic—Matteo, for example, has a good reason for working at his somewhat shady job. The developing relationship between Jess and Matteo is also nicely handled, slotting in well with the heroine’s trust issues.
Chanti Stargirl
Currently Reading: The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanti-stargirl.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Chanti Stargirl »

I love stories about futuristic, dystopian societies. I will definitely be reading this book. Thank you for your wonderful review.
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Thank you for your descriptive and captivating review. I'm a sci-fi fan and, when you've said that that the story is believable and relatable, you've just reinforced my resolve to place this piece in my Want to Read list.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

Thanks for a great review, I am not much of a sci-fi person and think that the idea of the earth being in crisis is too over-done. But thanks for your honest thoughts.
kwahu
Favorite Author: Kathleen Geiger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwahu.html
Latest Review: The Ripples Spread by Fay Spurgin
fav_author_id: 73488

Post by kwahu »

I am right in for this book! its quite intriguing especially where Jess and Matteo realizes that the only way to success is through their pursuers. I wonder how they pull this one out.
Gbenga2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gbenga2018.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Gbenga2018 »

This science fiction book truly gives a thrilling projection of the future based on the current trends of development and tort politics in our world today. The well put review portrays it all with all its side attractions that makes it realistic. This truly would come good in a movie.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This book sounds interesting. I like science fiction books. The fact that it's about technological advances seems intriguing . I also like the realism of the book and the fact that the characters are well developed. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”