Official Review: Dodging Satan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tumi02
Currently Reading: Mining for Alaskan Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 19

Re: Official Review: Dodging Satan

Post by Tumi02 »

I found the title of the book appealing and now this review has just got me begging for more. I like this book yet I haven't read it :lol:
ZuJaaJaa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ZuJaaJaa »

The title itself is AMAZING! What a great way to steal someone's attention especially in the world we are living in today. This book have a lot of subliminal educated paragraphs, like for example the creation which speaks about the TREE OF WISDOM/ FORBIDDEN FRUIT. I also love how the author mentions the liberation for WOMEN!! LOVE it if you ask me, very unique.
I rate this 4 thumbs up! (Big toes included😏)
LJaneBateman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljanebateman.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by LJaneBateman »

This review makes the book sound entertaining and yet serious. It sounds as if the book takes on some challenging life issues. As I stand for equality of women within the church, this book should be an interesting read. It will also be interesting to better understand the musings of a child as she witnesses the abuse of her mother and aunts. I look forward to seeing how she puts a positive, funny spin on such troubles.
klwoodford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klwoodford.html
Latest Review: Pembrim by Bree Lenehan

Post by klwoodford »

This review was very pleasant to read. It also shared a lot of good information about the book without giving away any spoilers! I had reservations about reading the book, but am thinking I will have to check it out. Your review swayed me, thank you!
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

Thanks for a great review. Glow in the dark crucifix and holy water to ward off Satan and his snakes. This sounds very interesting and has wetted my appetite for more.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Thanks fr the review. I also have mixed feelings about the book but I hope that I will be able to read it soon. The topics handled in some chapters may not be appealing to some as stated but all the same, the forthright nature of Fagherty is commendable.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
lionmoon_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lionmoon-3.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lionmoon_3 »

Dodging Satan
Though the story is fictionalized, it is soundly rooted in truth and how people's lives were. Bridget made me laugh, cry, angry, sad as she wove her tale. The words are poignant and powerful and touch the heart. I am so happy the writer went on to college, got married, works and has a happy marriage. It is unbelievably difficult to come out of such a background, rise above it and transform. I recommend this book to anyone who wants a peak into a challenging life situation and needs to see how transformation is possible.
lbhatters
Favorite Book: Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbhatters.html
Latest Review: Life is to Short to Waste and do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman
Reading Device: B077WTB2LY

Post by lbhatters »

I enjoyed your review of the book. I don't like the cover of this book at all. Your review brightened up my idea about the book. It sounds like the book would really be an encouraging read.
:techie-studyinggray: Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
-Fransis of Assisi

It's perfectly ok to write garbage, as long as you edit brilliantly.
-C.J. Cherryh
P0tt3ry
Favorite Book: The Dresden Files
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p0tt3ry.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by P0tt3ry »

The sample was funny, sad, and engaging in the way the honesty and thought process of a bright child can be. Reading your review clinched the deal, I look forward to reading the rest of the book. Thank you.
Olive 246
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Olive 246 »

Dodging Satan.. I thought the book was about some magic or voodoo practice. I was surprised that it is about religious belief. The practices of Catholics that encourage subjecting the women to the men instead of being equal partners in marriage.Her family, though Christians have a lot of family secrets. I would like to read the book. Thanks for your review.
vstump57
Currently Reading: Burn Bright
Bookshelf Size: 21
2024 Reading Goal: 104
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by vstump57 »

The review is very well-written and it is interesting enough for me to want to read the book. My interest has been perked because not only am I Catholic, but I had 2 of the "glow in the dark" crucifixes in my room growing up and they at times were scary. I very much look forward to reading this book after reading this review. I love the front cover, to me, it just adds to the wonderment of the book.
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

Seems like and interesting read. Questioning things like these roles women supposed to take just because been born women. Pretty curious about the apple part. Will give it a try. Although I am not Catholic I feel I am open minded about this book. I think I won't be offended. Congrats and thanks fpr the free book.
kate_nguyen
Currently Reading: Alexis Zorba
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-nguyen.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by kate_nguyen »

The review got me so curious about the book, I like a funny and witty sense of humor. Women's liberation is a continuous movement, it's nice to see it under an innocent, smart girl.
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

The ideals in the book have me saying no, because I just don't care for religion in the books I read. But I liked the comparison to Robert Langdon and that the author clearly has a sense of humor. I'm torn.
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

A young girl talks about her religious views in relation to current issues about sexual revolution, the current social morality and many others.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”