Official Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Re: Official Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by N_R »

Great book for the book of the month. Thanks for the great review on it and your reactions to the novel. I like the cover page and title.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Natalie's story is relatable as a good story. I like also that the characterization is intricately woven an one can know how a character behaved, walked and talked.
Amy_Jackson
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

Don't we all have dreams of how we want our life to be, but we often have to put up a fight to get it to be that way. Opposition will come our way, supporters will also come our way, it's left for us to put them all in their right place.
A beautiful review, it has really lighted up the book for me
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

Ironbark Hill seems like a fiction story to be enjoyed. I like the themes explored in the book. This is added to my reading list already.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
Babykim4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Babykim4 »

The sample of this book pulled me in when i started reading. I want to finish reading to see what the outcome holds for the characters. Characters very realistic.
stedape
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stedape.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by stedape »

Ironbark Hill is a great title and a great novel with real-life themes and applications. I should read this soon
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This was such a great review. It seems like you really loved this novel and couldn't find anything wrong with it. I only read a sample and after reading your review, I do want to read the rest of it. I am also very curious to see what happened that you went from completely rooting for Natalie to having mixed feelings about her. Thanks for the very well written review.
mosammot
Currently Reading: Daily Warrior
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by mosammot »

:D :evil: :? Nice narrative review. By your review Life of that little girl makes me more curious to know more of that book.
jamm001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by jamm001 »

Good review that really caughts the readers attention. It got me curious why did the feelings towards Natalie has changed, who is she and her connections with the family. It’s like a fiction with touch of real life situations that people can relate to. Thank you for quite detailed review that doesn’t really give it all, which is enough for tempting other people to read the book!
Stahnni
Currently Reading: Out of Time
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Stahnni »

Many thanks for the review. I have read quite sample pages of this "coming-of-age" book. This review does well to put a lot into perspective. The author's willingness to tackle certain unpalatable familial issues struck a chord with me. The mother who struggles to keep it all together for the sake of her children while also balancing a fear for the abusive, alcoholic husband. I beleven this will be a worthy read.
Asen Stoyanchev
Favorite Book: Demon Freaks
Currently Reading: Sigrfried's Smelly Socks
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asen-stoyanchev.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Asen Stoyanchev »

The book seems very engaging, based on your review. I have a thirst for good family stories and "Ironbark Hill" by Jennie Linnane definitely look promising.
“Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.”
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind
Wells263
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Wells263 »

A compelling tale of life's hardships and the inherent contradictions that go with it. Natalie's story is hard hitting and the authors use of powerful imagery make it very easy to follow. Though exploring very dark themes of alcoholism and abuse it is still an uplifting tale of the adage, where there is a will there is a way.
Whoisladyj85
Currently Reading: The Zachary Blake Legal Thriller Series
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Whoisladyj85 »

If Ironbark Hill was just not for me. It captured my attention in the beginning but I'm a sucker for drama so I suppose that's why. I feel as though the beginning of chapter one could have been more captivating with certain word choices but other than that if I had nothing else to read them I would not mind reading this book... other than that I'm more of a fantasy/ sci-fi person...I do love the way the author describes things though... its as if I can actually see it
Sanyesto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanyesto.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Sanyesto »

Natalie seems a strong girl as portrayed by the author from the sample I read but I think your review has even grown in me the urge to find the remaining pages of this amazing book. Thanks for your comprehensive review.
Magnus1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Magnus1111 »

A Dark, Gritty, Realistic book about the old day when ethics, laws and Abuse were ignored. A time when the strong ate the weak when power was all that mattered.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”