Official Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joy2thenations
Currently Reading: A Ton of Gold
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy2thenations.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Re: Official Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by Joy2thenations »

Initially, this doesn’t seem like a book I’d want to pick up, but you’ve made me curious about the characters.
Peter maribe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Peter maribe »

The sergion wife by willium Cole
What make people do the things the things they do,the book is character driven as Mr Cole try to illustrate the pain of their losses in human nature.The book is enjoyable as Mr Cole show or try to give light in darkness and happiness to his people
The book is enjoyable as it give hope not walking away depressed,I rate the book as one of the best welcoming and non violence but very effective,efficiency rate of 98%
Gracie777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracie777.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gracie777 »

I love books that deal with the human nature.
Why do people do the things they do? Why are human beings drawn more to evil than to good? I feel from your review that this book attempts to answer such questions. I also love how it looks into the life of marriage from a doctor's wife perspective. Thank you for your thorough and heartfelt review. I love that its short but still satisfies.
Greatview
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Greatview »

Nice review, so many a times when you have to work under a career man it is not always easier to take decision that will jeopardize the career man. which is what the book try to shed more light. This book does not have table of content.
harrymadede
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by harrymadede »

Definitely a character-driven novel! We often look to see ourselves in characters, but sometimes we look to see who we could be or might be in the future. Getting old is definitely something we all think about at some point in our lives. a good novel to read cant wait in give it a 5 star
Zabdi212
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Zabdi212 »

Thank you for the review! I appreciate how you went into depth of how you felt the structure, the plot, and the characters were crafted by the author. You provided a well written summary and explanation of the book, without giving any important information away. It seems like an interesting read, and I am curious about the cover and it's significance to the novel!
Polgesteirg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-polgesteirg.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Polgesteirg »

Works which explore human nature are often the most deeply thought-out ones. This sounds like a book from a very skilled writer who really knows how to give characters life. The story does sound a bit unexciting to be truthful, but then again many of the best books and shows have a slow ramp-up. Thanks for the review, you really outlined everything very well!
SJSharks
Currently Reading: Unshaken
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by SJSharks »

I can't wait to finish this book! I agree with the review a lot. The characters are well-developed and the pace of the book moves along. I was hooked before the first chapter was complete.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

It's an intriguing story with strong character driven plot. Thanks for your review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
psychopathycathy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-psychopathycathy.html
Latest Review: Notes of Sorrow Songs Of Joy by Robert Lauri

Post by psychopathycathy »

If I hadn't read the sample I don't think I would have read this book, but I do like that it's short and still packs a punch. I really love how intensely this book seems to address issues about humanity. Congrats to the author on BOTD.
WillowStarSerenity
Currently Reading: Loved
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willowstarserenity.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by WillowStarSerenity »

Great review! It was very informative. I find myself on the fence about this book. For one, the cover really leaves a lot to be desired. It doesn't really say anything about being a medical thriller to me. Not that it's not a nice cover. Also, I'm trying to stay away from more adult romances. This sounds like there might be some of that in there. But all in all, it still seems like an intriguing book. It kind of makes me think of the Resident if it was centered around romance. I haven't read it. That's just a guess I draw on from this review and the blurb itself.
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MsDree »

:tiphat: Great review! Sounds like an interesting book that would appeal to litfic readers. I'm not quite intrigued to read this book but thanks for the insights! It helps me to know what this book is about.
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

The surgeon's wife is the title of the novel. Although she seems casually mentioned in the review, I feel she has heavier bearing to the story than what is apparent to me. There is the drama of a marriage straying from the common path and love being appraised from many aspects, personal and professional.
The hashtag "adulterous" seems to say something I have to find out. Thanks for your interesting review.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Zuribooks
Currently Reading: The Engine Woman's Light
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zuribooks.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Zuribooks »

I have never heard about this author before, but with so good references i will give it a try, im not sure about what is exactly the topic of the book, i didnt see it much in the review, all i read was about an unhappy marriage, im still giving a try and making a review by myself later... Thank you!
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

I like this story of the very realistic behavior of the characters. Due to the continuous contact of the personnel in an operating area, some familiarity would ensue and with it, romance. This could be another medical thriller, but with the lack of action and detective scenes, the reader would have just to contend with the character-driven drama. Thanks for your interesting review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”