Official Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nakibuuka
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by nakibuuka »

This book is really awesome...it clearly shows that how ever little a kid may be...they have dreams in life and always ready to start the journey to make them happen .A young boy like Darwin has a wonderful character with the confidence to face anyone no matter the intimidation...surely am waiting for the rest of the story...
Asunmo Cecilia
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by Asunmo Cecilia »

from these token its just like reading about another persons life story. good job Mr cole
Butch Acuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butch-acuna.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Butch Acuna »

I have just read the first chapter, and I agree that it elicits great interest and curiosity by the way the author describe the main character, his predicament, the past, the present and vagaries of the differing and sometimes clashing characteristics of the players.

Thank you for the excellent review.
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for the informative review! I think it would be cool to see Luther grow! I'm not really fond of the long time span that this book covers but it's not a deal breaker for sure.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This book seems interesting based on the sample I read. Your review cleared some things up for me. I like the way you describe the relationships in this book and how it takes time to build them. This is very true to life. I might give the rest if this book a try. Thanks for the review.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

Sounds well written if you could not find any weakness! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it so much.
salkekar1423
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by salkekar1423 »

:techie-studyingbrown:

Wow! The author, Williams H. Coles, brilliantly captivated the audience in the first few pages. The book seems incredibly fascinating and makes me feel as if watching Darwin's story play out in real life. I can not wait to see what Darwin's rich cousin the famous football player, Luther, is like. Foreshadowing indicates that Luther is "trashy" and has no intent to be a part of Darwin's life.

The protagonist, Darwin, is left without parents from a young age. He moves in with his strange, but loving, aunt. Unfortunately, she loses a leg and is sent to an assisted living facility and can no longer care for Darwin. The sample ends with Darwin leaving Pittsburg to go live at the home of a cousin that he has only met a few times. Darwin is figuring how to get to school and get his money along with getting comfortable with other living in the house.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

An interesting book about how you never know how somebody you meet now will influence your life in future. Goes to show how much life is unpredictable. Good review.
SJSharks
Currently Reading: Unshaken
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by SJSharks »

I am very interested to read this book. The opening pages drew me right in. Now I have to find out more!
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Thank you for this insightful review. I particularly liked what you mentioned about a boy evolving into a man, learning all the way "who to trust, who is really there for him and who is not". Most of us come to learn this at one point or another while growing up, and find out that life is not so simple as it once seemed to us!
As for the storyline, you have divulged just enough to catch our interests. The story sounds really inspirational and I would definitely like to give this book a try.
R-g-R
Currently Reading: The Picketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-g-r.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by R-g-R »

I am already wanting to read more!
Having recently enjoyed The Surgeon’s Wife, I am interested to see another BOTD from William H. Coles. I like that the characters and setting within Guardian of Deceit are very different compared with the previous book. I also like the fact that reading the sample does not indicate any ‘obvious’ direction the story, and Darwin, will head in, except that he has obstacles to overcome. How he will do that, and even IF he will do that successfully, are questions for the reader that require answers. I look forward to discovering more of the Guardian Of Deceit.
shairyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shairyan.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by shairyan »

Thumbs up for this review. It sums up the plot without revealing the details of the story. Many teenagers live the life of Darwin. Their innocence would oftentimes catch them unguarded by the complexities of life. Their journey to adulthood and the people they met teaches them the real meaning of the word "trust". How they decide to traverse this journey eventually defines their personality. :D
Hiss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Hiss »

The sample reading does well in drawing a chaotic mindset for Darwin. The shuffling around. The strangers imposing their opinions on him and the general feeling of being unwelcome in his new home.

I get a sense that money is more than a problem and getting his hands on Darwin’s trust will be an issue.

Darwin is treated like second rate help from the moment he arrives. The contrast of his room to the rest of the mansion is a slap in the face. Indeed it seems the old lady on the plane was right.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

I love how the novel doesn't end up as a cliché. William H. Coles has done a very good job. I should read this soon.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
stedape
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stedape.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by stedape »

Guardian of Deceit seems to be a wonderful fiction novel. I love how the relationships gradually develop. This should be an awesome read.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”