The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faythe
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Post by Faythe »

Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code, and now a third installment - The Lost Symbol.

What did you guys think of the other books and do we really need a third book about Catholic conspiracies?
photogray

Post by photogray »

I think it should be a pretty entertaining book at the minimum
breakingthehabit

Post by breakingthehabit »

do we know for sure that it's still about religion?
DreamWeaver121
Favorite Author: Jim Butcher
fav_author_id: 2907

Post by DreamWeaver121 »

This book is about the Catholic conspiracies in a sense. It is rumored to be more based upon the freemasons and some deep history of washington dc. I kinda know this because i live 20 miles outside of dc and Dan Brown has been seen frequently in dc looking at masonic architecture. Well i guess we gotta wait till september lol. I cant wait for angels and demons MAY 15 almost their.
MO
Life is not a bed of roses its a valley of thorns twisting and tearing into the strands of time. But, in the middle of every valley their is a river. If you find that river follow it. For it shall lead you to the sea. Then you will finally be free.
-MO
Ell

Post by Ell »

All the books by Dan Brown are very interesting and exciting. angels and Demons is my favorite, can't wait to see the movie
Faythe

Post by Faythe »

I've read a few of his books. The non-religion spearing ones are my favorite. I've taken a particular liking to Digital Fortress.
mohses

Post by mohses »

please! the bloke is a fool and shoulld stay on the oprah winfrey show where he belongs. dan brown has no talent as an author or editor , the wanker is a total buffoon. if u take him even remotely serious seek medical attention asp
scallywag

Post by scallywag »

Actually, I find Dan Brown to be a fairly good author. I enjoyed his books. I realize some people find his subjects to be offensive and so tend to bash his work because of that. But that really is what reading fiction is all about.. stimulating the mind by going where we can't in real life. His descriptions of locals and events paint the picture very well. 'Remember that we can't all like the same things in an author or his/her work or the literary field would be quite small.
cristlegirl

Post by cristlegirl »

I loved the other 2 books so of course I will be picking this one up as well. I really love Dan Browns style of writing. You really get into the story and are drawn into what is going on.
Oneday

Post by Oneday »

I myself am very excited for this book because it is set on American Soil.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I too love the mans work. The new book will be the first book in quite a while that I will purchase the day of its release.
archanadevi

Post by archanadevi »

I too like this book. Its interesting.
textbookonly

Post by textbookonly »

The Lost Symbol is a brilliant and compelling thriller. Dan Brown’s prodigious talent for storytelling, infused with history, codes and intrigue, is on full display in this new book. This is one of the most anticipated publications in recent history, and it was well worth the wait. Weaving five years of research into the story's twelve-hour timeframe was an exhilarating challenge.
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

After reading Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons I picked up one of his non catholic conspiracy books, Deception point and I thought it was pretty good.
The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Hmm I wouldn't say he's completely talentless, after all the books are readable and engaging.
I do think he's overrated though..

Anyway, my girlfriend likes his books, so we will purchase The Lost Symbol and I will read it, because I read anything I can put my hands on.

What bothers me a bit about his books is not the fact that he makes up all those conspiracy theories (I'm not that much religious to care about it), but that a lot of uneducated people believe everything they read in his books, just because people like conspiracy theories.
Come to think of it, that's one of the best marketing stratagems for a book: if you'd write a novel with conspiracy theories about anything you can think of, like that the man never landed on the moon for example, you could bet it would sell.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”