What's the funniest book you've ever read?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
taniaorellana
Currently Reading: The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taniaorellana.html

Re: What's the funniest book you've ever read?

Post by taniaorellana »

There are a few, but only the Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard series comes to mind. The main character is just so witty all the time; I love his puns and sarcasm because they combine a kind of dark humor I would enjoy, with the Nordic mythology. So cool. Plus it is modern so that makes it better.
JodyVamp
Currently Reading: Undone
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodyvamp.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by JodyVamp »

Anything by Christopher Moore cracks me up. I started with You Suck: a Love Story because how is that not just a wtf must read title, then moved to everything else he's ever written. If you want a dose of pretend class with your raunchy entertainment, I suggest Fool or Sacre Bleu. For just down and dirty laughs, You Suck or A Dirty Job are must reads. Leslie Langtry also hits the spot with a quirky family of assassins looking for love. Start with I Shot You Babe and go from there. You won't be sorry!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”