Review of Gaston Saves the World

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: All That I Love by Hina Yu Cao

Review of Gaston Saves the World

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Gaston Saves the World" by Pascal Adolphe.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Gaston was released from jail, which somehow led to the discovery of unnecessary things in the Finger Bay Church by coincidence when his mother (Harriet) wanted Gaston to confess his awful deeds in public. They notice the altar boy named Henri is crying while Gaston and his mother enter the church's confessional room. What's going on in the church? On the other side, Gaston's childhood friend named Patrick La Malettie became a councilor in Australia, but his FAIR policy program wasn't accepted. In such humiliation, this event leads Patrick to visit his home town, Finger Bay. Will the FAIR (Formula Advancing Income Revolution) manifesto of Patrick, whose idea sparks from Gaston's philosophy, work out in this place?

What do you observe in the salary system of our society? Pascal Adolphe creates a political novel that has a Marxist concept but is intertwined with a romantic rendezvous. He wrote Gaston Saves the World, which seems to be a wake-up call for the government to treat people equally despite racial profiling due to interracial mixed marriages, especially at work.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. In Gaston Saves the World, the title makes sense to me when the scenario of "saving the damsel in distress" comes into view, which is my ace on my favorite list. It was followed by how the "art of true friendship" works even many years later. Besides that, I like the details of the panoramic view of the island. It has a clear description of the scenery on the beach, in the police station, and in the houses of the characters. I enjoyed reading this book despite some tedious scenes, which I least liked. I really laugh at Gaston's brothers when they are doing their chores, too.

Firstly, I recommend this book to those who are politically inclined. If you have an inquisitive mind about world affairs, this book may ignite your interest. Readers will also notice the fangs of the colonial mindset, which is indignant toward the Creole people. Second, those people who are curious about the church anomaly involving a priest will discover more things about favoritism, the reasons behind bribery, and how setting arrangements work. Lastly, those who like a love story may find this book enjoyable. I recommend this book to adults only because of the pedophile and suicide plots. It has an erotic description or direct telling of the private parts, and sometimes in a sensual manner.

The book has been professionally edited, because I seldom notice an error. There are numerous flashbacks of memories as diversity, which is a way for the author to strengthen the plot foundation of the island setting, especially in their way of living. 

Gaston Saves the World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Bones In The Alley by Viterose E Van Huis

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

I seems like I am deeply interested in this book as it covers most of my major interests in life.
You wrote an excellent review.
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

Amazing how an ex-convict saves the world. Gaston became a hero. Thanks for the review!
katisgah Bee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katisgah-bee.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by katisgah Bee »

This sounds contradicting, conspicuous and concluding. I like it.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”