Review of Rachael's Journey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of Rachael's Journey

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rachael's Journey" by Catherine Anne.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The battle between good and evil continues in Rachael's Journey by Catherine Anne. The book is a sequel to Tara's Journal. In this second part, baby Rachael has given herself to the Creator as a vessel for his continuous wonders. She agrees to suffer so that Malaya can be safe. Malaya is an Indian princess who is captured and imprisoned. She is born with a special gift to liberate her people and every human. Once any man looks into her eyes, they automatically experience God's power. Rachael's elder sister, Maria, uses her gifts to protect Rachael while on her mission. Maria finds herself coming face to face with "The Betrayer of the Father" (the devil).

Meanwhile, the angels lead Father Zachary, Jacob, and Matthew to go and save Malaya from danger. Join them as they embark on this dangerous journey to save the Indian princess and some of God's fallen children. In this journey, we will see how God has given every one of his creatures the choice of good and evil. We will also find out how either of these choices affects their lives.

After reading the first part, this installment felt like a dream come true. I was excited to read this part and continue on this wholesome adventure. Like the first installment, I enjoyed this book and had nothing to dislike. Introducing new characters — Carl, Malaya, Tim Nethers, etc. — brought a new and refreshing kind of excitement to the story. I saw Lucifer in an entirely different mode from the first. He became more involved and aggressive.

The author did a great job keeping up with such an exciting plot. The characters all had unique personalities, and she took her time to describe each of them. More than anything, it was Malaya's personality that piqued my curiosity. She possessed a rare and extraordinary power that could transform even the worst men into angels with a glance. I imagined looking into her eyes myself.

"I want you to take back every horrible thing you and the other fallen angels have done and NEVER fall from Grace. I want you to go back and be OBEDIENT to MY Father and NEVER...EVER fall from Heaven." These words from Maria to the devil were the highlight of my reading. I wondered if the devil could ever do this and save humanity from his torments and condemnations. I truly enjoyed the twist at the end of the book. I'd like to see Rachael's Journey made into a movie. I had so many other exciting moments reading this book. I'd recommend it to lovers of mysteries and adventures. Christians, particularly Catholics, would also enjoy the story.

Rachael's Journey is professionally edited with few errors. The author has paid attention to every detail to ensure this installment came out well. I applaud the author for doing such an excellent job. As a result, I rate Rachael's Journey 5 out of 5 stars.

Rachael's Journey
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

Your review has me interested in these books! That is an incredible quote you gave us, and I'd love to know what happened after Maria confronted and spoke to the Devil and what the twist was at the end.
Book owly
Favorite Book: The Raven Boys
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arakhsh-qanit.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Book owly »

Your review summarises everything in the best way and I love it. I m really interested in reading the book, although this is just a sequel to the first book. I'm still gonna read these interesting adventures. Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”