Review of Superstar Wonder Dog! Inspired by a Jack Russell

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Review of Superstar Wonder Dog! Inspired by a Jack Russell

Post by Friederic Schröder »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Superstar Wonder Dog! Inspired by a Jack Russell" by Chris Bergen.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Superstar Wonder Dog! Inspired by a Jack Russell by Chris Bergen, is a story narrated from the first-person perspective of Superstar Wonder Dog. Her story started when Cali Dog Rocks became deceased in October 2017. On December 12, 2017, "Friend," a name given to her owner in the novel, picked her up from the pet store and brought her to her new home. She needed some adjustments, and Friend gave her that. The early chapters of this novel described her experience with Friend in his first home, which was on the third floor. Superstar Wonder Dog was scared of the stairs, and whenever they had to climb them, Friend would usually carry her up the flight of stairs. She wasn't as rough on the first day as Cali Dog Rocks was with Friend, but she caused him trouble at the park one certain night. She refused to enter "Mini the Blue," and that made Friend furious because he didn't want to sleep in the park. But eventually, Friend won, and she got into "Mini the Blue." Often when Friend reminisces about Cali Dog Rocks, he weeps, and Superstar Wonder Dog feels his pain. Did Superstar Wonder Dog help heal the pain he suffered from losing Cali Dog Rocks? Did Superstar Wonder Dog overcome her fears and walk the stairs alone someday? Find out more when you grab a copy of this exciting novel, Superstar Wonder Dog! Inspired by a Jack Russell by Chris Bergen.

There is a saying that goes, "A dog is a man's best friend." Reading this novel, I came to understand and appreciate the connection between Friend and Superstar Wonder Dog. They couldn't understand what languages they spoke, but they understood what they felt without saying a word. An example of this is when Superstar Wonder Dog was hit by "Cricket." The high fives that Superstar Wonder Dog gave Friend reassured him that she was okay and didn't need help. I enjoyed how they were able to communicate and appreciate the presence of each other. The novel had flashbacks to the story of Friend's life while growing up and his desire for music; there was also a flashback to Cali Dog Rocks, in which she won a 400-meter race. These flashbacks gave information about past events in Friend's life, and I liked this because it helped me understand the owner's perspective.

I cannot deduce any point from this novel, as I didn't encounter a single fact that I disliked about it. Though it seems weird, this novel made me understand a dog's perspective on her surroundings. I felt bad for Cricket as her owner was filled with rage. I guess this is the reason why Cricket turns out to be a bully dog.

This novel deserves a rating of 5 out of 5 stars, and I wholeheartedly give that to it because I did enjoy my experience reading it. I would also state that this novel has been professionally edited, as I encountered a few grammatical errors in my process of reading this novel.

I would recommend this novel to readers who love dogs and appreciate music, as these were employed mostly in this novel. I would also recommend this novel to readers who believe in dreams and believe they could do anything just like Friend did.

Superstar Wonder Dog! Inspired by a Jack Russell
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

The title alone "superstar:wonder dog" is captivating in addition to this beautiful review of yours. I must add the book to my bookshelf ASAP. To visit it later
Success Azuka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

This book sounds like a movie I have watched somewhere. I love the title. I would like to see how super this dog is. Thanks for a well-detailed review.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

Truly a dog is a man's best friend and I like that this book has flashbacks, great book to know and learn more about dogs. Thanks for this
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

The title of the book itself is captivating. I know dogs are amazing when carrying out certain events, I hope superstar wonder dog puts fear aside and walks up the stairs alone again. Nice review!
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

A book about a dog's experience and perspective. I am not sure I am keen about this. Well done on the review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

This sounds like a children's book. But it also carries strong lessons on friendship and pet loyalty. I would like to read it. Great review.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

Wow, this is an interesting story was superstar dog able to walk the stairs alone that is the answer I will like to find out. Nice job.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This will be an interesting novel since it has to do with dogs. People who have dogs or are looking forward to owning one can read this.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

Surely a dog is man's best friend, and Superstar Wonder Dog depicts the relationship, communication, and understanding between dog and human. Nice review.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Dogs have proven to be useful to man for a long time. I like the contents of this book. The friendship between man and dog is elaborated in this story. Great job with the review.
Tamara Bengesai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-bengesai.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Tamara Bengesai »

Interesting title, wonder dog indeed. A dog is perceived as a man's best friend. Would love to read this book to pursue further the relation of this dog and the human. Great Review
Kenny Geneva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenny-geneva.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Kenny Geneva »

I appreciate the author of this book for a nice job this book is fascinating and entertaining to read. Nice review.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

For a considerable length of time, dogs have demonstrated their usefulness to humans. The contents of this book are pleasing to me. Incredible review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”