Review of My Love?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of My Love?

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Love?" by James Bayers.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Marriage and extramarital affairs are two opposite forces. Nonetheless, they say with money comes power. And with power, you can do anything. And sometimes, people are willing to do anything to maintain a certain status in business, corporate careers, and even society.

Jake Bruckner and Isabel Bruckner, though married for over a decade, are living a loveless marriage. But who is to blame? While the husband is engrossed in his work as a top executive, he has a love fling going on with his coworker, Dianna. But that's not just it. This mistress has a sinister mission.

Meanwhile, a lowlife thug named Pathen mugs Jake and two other people while coming out of a fancy art auction. After stealing their wallets, he realizes Bruckner is a big fish in the corporate world. Tracing further, Pathen discovers Jake lives in a fancy house and drives a posh BMW. He plans on extorting easy money from Bruckner through any means necessary. Pathen realizes Jake has a mistress; he sees a jackpot! In the meantime, Isabel has hope that Jake can still come around and love her and their two children.

I had tons of issues with the volume. First, the author added too much unnecessary information about the surroundings, among other irrelevant and lengthy elucidations. I wish James Bayers stuck to the main plot. In addition, I felt this book would have been better if split into two, where the prequel ends in suspense, nudging the reader to look for its sequel without hesitation.

Further, the work had numerous errors. Some minor grammatical flaws included name spellings. For instance, Megan is spelled as Meagan several times. Such mistakes were avoidable. Hence, it requires professional editing. The worst issue of all was the incomplete ending. I'll not explain further to avoid adding much information that would otherwise be spoilers. Therefore, I rate it 2 out of 4 stars and 3 out of 5 stars.

That said, I enjoyed the involvement of Pathen. The author showed us the contrasting lifestyles lived by the extortionist and Jake's family. Money played a vital role because even the rich were willing to jeopardize other people's lives and careers to get richer.

I loved Isabel for caring for her kids. While facing her troubles with Jake, she was a loving mother. We learn about influence. It only takes one coworker to transform your morally upright demeanor into an infidel, corrupt person, etc. I recommend My Love? by James Bayers to readers who enjoy books involving love triangles, crime, survival, and a dash of romance.

My Love?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mercy Sos Christopher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos-christopher.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Mercy Sos Christopher »

This book is a must read for me, I love the genre and I enjoyed reading your review..👍👍
Wren Michaels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wren-michaels.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Wren Michaels »

Great review. It's really important to be honest and allow the author to improve.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Extramarital affairs make me very angry. Still, the whole thing involving Pathan really interests me. I think I’ll wait to read this until the author makes the changes you have suggested.
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

Amazing review! I liked the premise but the thought of so many grammatical errors and even spelling errors of pivotal character names puts me off this book. And couple that with an unsatisfactory ending is a big turn off. Great structured review nonetheless.
Syed Talha 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Syed Talha 3 »

This is a book i have ever read!The story of Isabel and her family will made me conscious🫡🙂

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”