Review of Covid Orphans

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Re: Review of Covid Orphans

Post by Not available anymore »

Truly seeing a book about COVID-19 brings back memories of the pandemic and it's a pity that isabella, makayla and trusted had to live as orphans after the death of their mother and I like that the book depicts relationship. Thank you for your well written review and I'm curious to know what happened to the kids
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Covenant Morolayo Olusegun wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 19:18 Truly seeing a book about COVID-19 brings back memories of the pandemic and it's a pity that isabella, makayla and trusted had to live as orphans after the death of their mother and I like that the book depicts relationship. Thank you for your well written review and I'm curious to know what happened to the kids
My desire to know what happened to the kids (and the otherwise engaging storyline) kept me glued to this book. I was grateful for the laughter and suspense included in the plot to take the edge off the pandemic.

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comment!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Von17
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Von17 »

I love how it goes from the fact that Covid can literally destroy life it also gives opportunity for you to be independent and move forward in life. I'm excited to read the whole book and what's going to happen to the kids because of the absence of their parents.
Michael Adam Glidden Forteski
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Parable of the Sower
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-adam-glidden-forteski.html
Latest Review: Mindful Screen Time by John and Kimberley Woods

Post by Michael Adam Glidden Forteski »

Thanks for the review. I was looking at this one and considering if I could come to grips with a book broaching the topic. That said, I've read some horrific stories of late, such as Hurricane Season and White Chrysanthemum. I will definitely need to be in the right mindset for this one.
Palta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palta.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Palta »

this is such a great review of the book. it is definitely going to my want to rad shelf. covid 19 is so real and the story sound very relatable.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

This book definitely sounds like a good read and you did a fantastic job on this review. I like the context you gave about the book, the emotional pull brings the book together and makes it more relatable. I am adding this book to my shelves due to your amazing work on this review!
Shavell Harris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shavell-harris.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Shavell Harris »

:hand: I am still deeply sadden when I think about the number of lives calmed by covid 19.But this book seems to be about so much more. I look forward to reading it.
Jcvr26
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jcvr26 »

There are many people that past away during COVID 19 and there has been a few children that's been left without parents.
But most people lost work and closed down businesses because of everything being closed.
I think that COVID 19 has learnd us a falueble lesson in life that nothing in life is free and easy to maintain and that without work no one can survive...
I learnd that if you have a job do your best in it and hold on to it... basically we all should be grateful for having the privilege to be able to generate an income through hard work and smart work.
Virginia Mati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-virginia-mati.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Virginia Mati »

Besides enjoying reading the well-done review, thoughts of many friends who lost their loved ones during the epic of the pandemic comes to my mind. Loss, irregardless of the party involved is quite a difficult thing to overcome. And to all those who lost their bread winners, may they find them whom they can trust for support and help. Great review @MsH2k.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Bisola Adeleke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bisola-adeleke.html
Latest Review: My Brave Face by Heather Simpson

Post by Bisola Adeleke »

COVID-19 pandemic affected lot of people's mental health. I can imagine the orphans in this book; it must be really hard
Shavell Harris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shavell-harris.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Shavell Harris »

I enjoyed this review as well.Covid 19 is something that all readers can relate to.
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Virginia Mati wrote: 13 Nov 2022, 20:29 Besides enjoying reading the well-done review, thoughts of many friends who lost their loved ones during the epic of the pandemic comes to my mind. Loss, irregardless of the party involved is quite a difficult thing to overcome. And to all those who lost their bread winners, may they find them whom they can trust for support and help. Great review MsH2k.
As I was out for my walk today, I was thinking about how this not-so-fictional novel addressed this situation by having members of the community pool their resources and gifts to help each other. It was quite inspiring and my favorite part of the book.
Thank you for your visit and your kind comment.
Rosa Parks
Anna_1203
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-1203.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Anna_1203 »

I am glad that this book serves to raise awareness in society and draws attention to such a serious problem as the fate of children orphaned as a result of the pandemic. Thank you for your well-written and honest review.
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Anna_1203 wrote: 15 Nov 2022, 09:02 I am glad that this book serves to raise awareness in society and draws attention to such a serious problem as the fate of children orphaned as a result of the pandemic. Thank you for your well-written and honest review.
This book raises that awareness well, providing an entertaining and varied set of characters and circumstances along the way. Thank you for your visit and your kind comment.
Rosa Parks
Jane Ogwang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jane Ogwang »

The story sounds heartbreaking and quite emotional. Thanks for this detailed analysis of the book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”