Review of Book of Life

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinemezu Okafor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Review of Book of Life

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Book of Life" by Ken Curtis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Doran Nastov is a thirty-nine-year-old telegenic figure and a celebrity tech entrepreneur. He acquired his fame and money from his Nastcoin, which is on the verge of becoming the world's most widely used cryptocurrency. Doran was known for his philanthropy works which he usually did in other to hide away from his past guilty of quitting his Christian background and because of some personal motives.

Vice president Rogers always played a role of a surrogate as he was sent to represent the President in almost every event. Vice President Liam Rogers was considered unnoticeable by the Congress members, especially in the administrative aspect of politics. Unexpectedly fate had a different plan for Rogers as he now tries to figure out how to unveil the cause of the tragic death of President Stannin and also how to restore his country to order.

Book of Life by Ken Curtis is an educational and also political sci-fi novel. This book helps readers to find political meaning in entertainment. The first thing I admire about this book is the plot. The plot of this book has a lot of twists; honestly, it made me eager to want to read more. For example, when President Stannin died in the White House, I was eager to know what next would happen. Another interesting thing I appreciate about this book is the unique characters, the characters have their unique personalities, and I can easily say that my favorite character is Vice President Rogers, a very likable figure in this book. Also, I admire the writing style of this book as it is very skillful. In each part of the book, the writer relates the circumstances to the title given to that section of the book. I equally enjoyed this book as I learned things relating to the White House and also relating to politics. Furthermore, the suspense and mystery initiated in this book by Ken Curtis made this book more interesting as I was able to read this book without getting bored at any point. The emotional aspect of this book was touching. I felt sad and happy at some points. For example, I felt really sad when President Stannin lost his life. I was happy when the vice president married Karis. Another amazing thing I valued in this book is the fact that it was incredibly well edited, as I didn't seem to come across any grammar errors.

However, the only thing I don't really like about this book is that it ended up leaving some questions unanswered. Aside from that, I like everything about this book. Therefore I will be rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. I am giving the book such a perfect rating because of all the positive things I stated above and because I enjoyed this book.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves political sci-fi and anyone who yearns to gain diverse knowledge on politics. I also recommend it to lovers of sci-fi in general. This book contains some Bible passages and beliefs. Just in case it doesn't appeal to you, you should not read it.

Book of Life
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am absolutely in love with technology and all of the benefits it provides by making things so much easier. There is a downside, though. It can be used by unscrupulous people to make things much more unbearable if it’s not monitored.
CharlesC+Esq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlesc-esq.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by CharlesC+Esq »

To be a president and die in the White House or to be an unnoticeable member of Congress and be like water which goes in whatever direction the course goes. Politics are ruthless even more so as we go deeper into the age of artificial intelligence where whoever wields control over technology, if left to their own devices can enslave an entire generation.
This should be a great insight to the present state of digital ID nonsense being promoted worldwide.
On my shelf it goes.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

Political stories doesn't really interest me, but the review does give a lot of great points about this book.
Well done on a very good review!
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

I love that this book has cryptocurrency issues in it. I must read it.
Nina Vanderbilt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nina-vanderbilt.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Nina Vanderbilt »

I love political topics woven into sci-fi novels. Great review!
Michael Valentine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Diotima by Bernard Kuckuck

Post by Michael Valentine »

I would get to learn a lot about Politics in this book. I would also like to know how the story ended. I love the way you captured the summary in your review. Thank you for this beautiful review.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Ten Assholes and a Curmudgeon by Bruce Workman

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

You noted a lot of positive aspects in this book. However, I do not find this type of book appealing. I would give it a try since you enjoyed the book so much. Thank you for the review.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Post by José Cortez »

The author appears to be very skilled as there are various things stated in your review that make for a very interesting book. I can't wait to read the book. Thank you for the review.
Chimomaebuka Ejimchi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimomaebuka-ejimchi.html
Latest Review: The Guardians of Earea by E.J. Denman

Post by Chimomaebuka Ejimchi »

This book has an intriguing title, and the cover page is beautiful. I think it matches the storyline or what the author tries to depict. I will check this book out later. Thank you for this beautiful review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”