Review of Come the Kingdom

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Review of Come the Kingdom

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Come the Kingdom" by Heather H. Coen.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Come the Kingdom by Heather H. Coen is a fictional novel. A prophecy foretold 30-year-old Queen Adriel's death after giving birth to Aran's son. Liam takes the baby named Riel Ran Agam to two silkies named Liberty and Freeborn to be raised without human influence. Twelve years later, Liam returns for Riel. He makes Riel promise never to reveal his history with the silkies and to hide his birthmark, which signifies his royalty. Riel's destiny is to destroy the False King and regain the rule of King Agam's kingdom. Riel is joined on his journey by an 11-foot bear named Uriel, a mule named Lawrence, and a marmot called Mini. How can a 12-year-old boy, a bear, a mule, and a marmot destroy the False King? Does Riel fulfill his destiny?

This 190-page book has many positive aspects. Heather H. Coen starts each chapter with a biblical quote and a beautiful corresponding picture. The author's descriptions of the characters, the landscapes, and the sky are easy to visualize. One example is when the night sky is described as "two stripes of colored star masses crossed over to each horizon, their edges pink, white and blue." Each character is fully developed and reveals a lesson for the reader to learn from. One example is when Riel tells Uriel that it is better to ask for help than to complain. Complaining did not remove the needles in the pads of Uriel's feet. He would not have walked in pain for so long if he had asked for help. Among the many lessons, the author also provides humor, with one example being a female buffalo called Cow-Patti. The ending makes me hope that I will be reading more of Riel's adventures.

Unfortunately, this book has several negative aspects. Although the boy's full name is Riel Ran Agam, sometimes the author refers to him as Ran instead of Riel, which is confusing. Throughout the book, the author spells "lion" as "lyon," and I had to do quite a bit of research to find out that "lyon" is a related term and not a typographical error. Also, this book needs to be edited by a professional editor. There is an overabundance of errors that a professional editor would have found. However, they did not distract from my enjoyment of reading the book.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this book, and the positive aspects outweighed the negative aspects, so I gladly give this book 3 out of 4 stars. I would not have deducted one star if it were not for the numerous mistakes because it is a good book that gave me a lot to think about.

Mature adults over the age of sixteen who like fantasy, adventure, and mystery novels are the ones who should read this book. Sensitive readers need to be aware that this book contains non-borderline profanity. Readers with no religious tolerance should probably avoid this book because of the biblical quotes at the beginning of each chapter. However, readers need to know that the narrative based on these quotes is fictional.

Come the Kingdom
View: on Bookshelves
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Chinemezu Okafor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

I have no doubt that I would enjoy this book. Thank you for your review.
Micah_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micah-1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micah_1 »

I haven't come across this in the Bible though, this is an eye opener. Thanks for a detailed review.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 84381
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1196%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Is born just before his mother is murdered years later riel begin his quest to fulfill the prophecy
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

It is interesting to know that captivating reviews like this are gotten in this site. This book seems interesting. Adding it to my book shelf ASAP.
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

The plot and the storyline of this book is intriguing. In my opinion, the author did a good job in the characterization of this book. I'd love to know more about Liam and Rei. Thanks for your honest review.
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

The plot and the storyline of this book is intriguing. In my opinion, the author did a good job in the characterization of this book. I'd love to know more about Liam and Rei. Thanks for your honest review.
Brown_Sucre
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brown-sucre.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out The Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 2 by Tom Wick

Post by Brown_Sucre »

I think I might want to add this to my bookshelf. Sounds like an exciting read to me despite the negative aspects. Well done.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”