Review of Off Broadway: A Marriage Drama

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Review of Off Broadway: A Marriage Drama

Post by José Cortez »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Off Broadway: A Marriage Drama" by William A. Glass.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Off Broadway: A Marriage Drama by William A. Glass is a fictional novel that follows the life of the protagonist, Dave, who is married and is a salesman. The book follows his life as different problems come up and the ways that he handles such problems and continues to move on.

The first positive of the book is that the book shows how resilient people are. The protagonist goes through a lot, from his childhood with a neglectful parent to the parent still being abusive when he has grown, to the problem in his marriage, to the problem with the business he part-owned. Yet he continues to work and move on. He manages to pursue a passion he has. The second positive thing about this book is that it is educational. It is enlightening about the different procedures that happen in a store, from the arrangement of the goods to the different parties that influence some of the decisions. It was also enlightening on some of the inner workings that happen in a drama, like the rehearsal and the scripts. It was enlightening about some of the embezzlement that happens in businesses and the effect that such decisions have on other people. It was enlightening about the effect of alcoholism and the effect it can have on your body in the long term. It also talks about the effect it has on the relationships a person has. The effect of a neglectful and abusive parent is showcased in the novel, along with some of the effects that it can have on people even when they are older. The book is enlightening about the office culture of the 1970s and how it might differ from the present office culture.

The major negative I could find in the book was the presence of too much professional terminology. It made reading the book and following a little difficult. Also, the timeline in the book was not clearly defined.

I give the book four out of four stars. The novel shows the effect a hectic profession can have on a person's marriage. The book was professionally edited.

I recommend the book to people who have had an abusive parent as the book shows a person who had an abusive parent living their life although they are affected by it. I also recommend the book to soldiers and veterans as the book speaks on some of the horrors of war and the heroism of soldiers. I recommend the book to people who like stories written in the 1970s as the novel is based on that period. I also recommend the book to people working in retail as the novel shows the inner workings of stores.

Off Broadway: A Marriage Drama
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ivan Mukaaga
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivan-mukaaga.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Ivan Mukaaga »

The review really made me to love the book. I was moved by Dave’s positive attitude of not giving up even if he had gone through many challenges in life. Thanks for the good review.
Luchris Curtis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-curtis.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out the Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 1 by Tom Wick

Post by Luchris Curtis »

Dave us a wonderful character, and this book revolves around his ordeals. There are problems that he encountered while he was young, and he's grown now. Will there be change? Thanks for your honest review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”