Review of HA!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Review of HA!

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "HA!" by Remo Perini.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book HA! by Dr. Remo Perini has its name in initials meaning "Humanity’s Absurdities." This book is Volume IV and the advanced reader copy. The book is structured into ten parts, each containing humorous and fictional narration. Dedicated to his late father, who introduced him to humorous writing, the book serves a purpose that is neglected by many. The sole aim of the book is to help the reader unwind, read without being distressed, and lighten up the stress associated with our daily lives. It comprises what some may call gibberish, but its content is the perfect antidote for a bad day. The author began his writing by making a satirical mockery of grammar and punctuation. The author also commented on other important societal presentations, such as the history and origins of man, the history of grammar and writing, art forms, sports, science and medicine, employment, and even entertainment. The author presented a lot of humorous exegesis.

The author’s inventive titling techniques astounded me. From the first caption, "drivulation," to the last caption, "drivel crossword puzzle," the author ensured he critiqued the absurdities of humanity. The book has interesting content, but I strongly recommend anyone reading this book to start from the preface, as it predisposes the reader’s mind and leads the reader through the author’s mind to have a better understanding of the book. Furthermore, I loved the structure and contents of the preface, as it proved effective in helping me view the book from the writer’s lens. I also love the fact that, behind the funny words, lies some information that can help us develop as individuals. Reading about the history of things and the author’s "almighty," "dark, cold, interstellar space" encouraged me to read more about the big bang theory.

The author conducted nerve-wracking research and presented it. In reading the book, I came into contact with historical details. Surprisingly, they were correct details. After reading his references to Egyptian discoveries such as Pharaoh Tutankhamun's tomb, which was discovered in 1907, and how it helped unravel the details of the origin of the comma, I was encouraged to read more about Imhotep and other great Egyptian scholars. However, don’t take the author too seriously, as the book is a mixture of fun and intriguing history and information.

The book is beautiful but too wordy. Surprisingly, the book is not bulky, yet it is wordy. I did not like that the book seemed too wordy. Although the category and type of writing the author is involved with permits it, I feel it makes the book repetitive. Although sometimes it makes the book more humorous, I don’t like it.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 because it takes a high level of articulation to put this book together. The ability of the author to give sense to what many would consider nonsense is both powerful and commendable. The book’s formatting is splendid. The organization is superb. The grammatical consistency is also beautiful. Above all, the author adhered to the rules of traditional writing.

Are you having a bad day? Do you want to lighten the mood? Are you looking for a way to forget your sorrows and the stress of life? This book is perfect for you. I also recommend this book to old people who have a lot of time to read. This book would help keep them in the best mood all the time.

HA!
View: on Bookshelves
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

I would love to know the history and origin of grammar, writing , art and so many other things I believe this book will do justice to it. Great review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

There are so many things about humans to laugh about. Unfortunately, we tend to take ourselves too seriously.
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

The fact that this book is full of humour means its a must-read. Thanks for the review.
WriteOn
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writeon.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by WriteOn »

The author began his writing by making a satirical mockery of grammar and punctuation.
A little light relief from all those rules is most welcome!
This is a great review, you've conveyed the special humour and fun contained in this skillfully written book. I'd love to read it. Thank you Owuamanam.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Post by Hager Salem »

I like that he mocked grammar, Maybe Scott can give us a break from the firm editing :lol2:
It seems like a light book to read.
Luchris Curtis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-curtis.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out the Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 1 by Tom Wick

Post by Luchris Curtis »

The author did a good job in the characterization of this book. The author delves into the origin of grammar, writing, and art forms. I will love to read this book. Thanks for your honest review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”