Review of The Unraveling

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-amarachi-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Operation November Blizzard by Stephen Snow (penname)

Review of The Unraveling

Post by Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Unraveling" by Max Justus.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unraveling: Book One of the Jeremiah and Susanne Series is a fascinating book written by Max W. Justus. The book contains a thrilling story of an old man named Jeremiah finally writing a book about his crazy childhood with his sister, which deliberately exposes his family secret. Now the question is, how does an autistic little boy who has lived a normal, carefree life end up being the one to unravel such a huge family secret?

The author depicts old Jeremiah telling the story of the adventures he experienced when he was a child as he talks about his Papa, Nana, Mom, Dad, and most especially Phoebe, his Nanny. The author talked about what little Jeremiah discovered when exploring his Papa's house in England when they went for a vacation there and how this discovery changed his life. The question is, was the change for better or for worse? What did he discover?

One of the book's positive aspects is the author's brilliant storyline. It was filled with drama, suspense, tragedy, adventure, and mystery. The book kept my interest with unexpected the twist and turns and the mystery in it. It really kept me on my toes. I loved the author's style of writing and his attention to detail when he tries to describe a scene. While I loved so many characters in the book, my favourites were Leila and Phoebe. I admired Leila, and loved how she held the family together through the years spent trying to clear Edgar's name. Her versatile nature shone through, as did her beautiful relationship with Jeremiah, a mix of friendship, love, and humour. I adored Phoebe, she was the only one constantly there for the kids, and loved them as her own. I also found her family background story quite interesting and sad too.

On the other hand, apart from not learning anything new, I didn't spot any negative aspects about this book. It was quite satisfying to read and honestly really interesting.  

I found no errors in the book. It was exceptionally well edited. I would rate the book 4 out of 4.

I recommend this book to people who like adventurous books and people who are into mystery novels and books about paranormals. I would mostly recommend the book to fiction lovers.

The Unraveling
View: on Bookshelves
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

The mystery is enticing, indeed. Your review was honest and spot on. Kudos for sharing.
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

The storyline is great coupled with interesting characters. It wouldn't be bad to read. Great review.
Yasmine M
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

It is captivating when old people tell tales of their childhood; even more interesting when the stories are told as seen through the eyes of an autistic child. I wonder what Jeremiah discovered in his papa's house. His sister and the nanny seems to be interesting characters as well.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I do like a mystery/thriller. I wonder what Jeremiah could have discovered that would cause such a stir that it’s still shocking many years later. However, I don’t like the paranormal so this wont be for me.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”