Review of Sydney's Passion

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Review of Sydney's Passion

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sydney's Passion" by Susie Wright.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sydney’s Passion is a book written by Susie Wright. It was intentionally divided into twenty-six chapters and written in two hundred and ninety-seven pages. It is primarily centered on the desire to make a difference and discover one’s passion.

Susie introduces the main character as Sydney, the only child of Parker and Ivy. She was a lovely child who grew up on a ranch and thus was exposed to horses but was never allowed to ride without supervision. She has a best friend named Sophie, whose parents are very close friends of her family.

Her new identity as Chase Payne revealed to her family and the general audience what you can achieve once you strive to be the best at what you are good at. The genesis of this project was from a history assignment in school. She was able to make a name in history as the first female to win the most games in a season. It was not an easy feat, but with the help of Obee and Sophie, she was able to make a difference and discover her passion. The journey was elaborately detailed in this book, and I believe it will continue in part two.

One of the major things I like about this book is the structure of the chapters. The chapters were placed as puzzles, and you have to read and internalize every line to understand the story. This was a unique experience for me. It is very pertinent to compliment the author’s skill not to include a single vulgar or informal word in the book. It was very soothing to read.

The characters were very relatable; I particularly enjoyed all of Sophie’s roles in the story. The punctuation trend and simple sentences used in writing the book made it very easy to read and understand. It was exceptionally well-edited. The storyline is a journey that comes with a rollercoaster of emotions. I was hooked to the very last page. It is my strong belief that a new part of the book will be coming forth shortly.

I enjoyed every part of the book, and I have no dislikes of any nature. I will rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. My reason is that it got me hooked to the last page, and I am enthusiastic about the next part of the book.

I will recommend this book to teenagers and to persons who have an interest in mystery-themed books.

Sydney's Passion
View: on Bookshelves
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

This is a very wonderful and insightful review.
You , being enthusiastic to read the next one has definitely increased my anticipation to read this one.
Cheers.
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

Wow, that's what I screamed after reading this delightful review. I can't wait to read this book thanks for the review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am very excited to understand Sydney’s passion. From what I read here, she is extremely dedicated to the pursuit.
Yasmine M
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

Thank you for the review; you mentioned that the chapters were structured as puzzles, that got me intrigued; reading the book seems to be a journey on its own. I would like to find out about Sydney's passion.
Emah22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emah22.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Emah22 »

An insightful and great review, thank you.
I'm very curious to find out about Sydney's passion.
Darlings O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

This book seems interesting. When I got to the part where you said that the author made the chapters appear like puzzles, I got more interested to read the book. The positive aspects of this book are actually intriguing. Thank you for this beautiful review.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

When characters in a book are relatable, a reader tends to flow more with the story and has his or her mind hooked on the story while reading. I will love to read this. Everything about it appeals to me.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

Figuring out puzzles is something enjoy. I appreciate that puzzles are used in the book. This will ensure I am glued to it as I like anything that challenges the mind. Thanks for the review.
Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-amarachi-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Operation November Blizzard by Stephen Snow (penname)

Post by Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji »

I love books that have a lot of relatable characters. It makes me relate to the story. The fact that you didn't find a negative aspect to this book makes me want to read the book. Thank you for this wonderful review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”