Review of Hailee's Awakening

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Review of Hailee's Awakening

Post by José Cortez »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hailee's Awakening" by Helen Slade.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Hailee's Awakening by Helen Slade is an enticing story of a young woman's spiritual journey. She faces very difficult challenges, having had to deal with two mothers.

Hailee, a woman in her early 30s who lives in the city, has always thought that that kind of life isn't for her. Having been brought up in an elicit family, people thought she was living a grand life, not knowing that there are expectations attached to that kind of life. She met Justin in an unexpected way, having saved him from drowning. She felt something was missing but still pushed their relationship because it wasn't initiated by her mother, Kat. Her father, Eric Keller, dies, leaving letters for her containing instructions to move to West Haven. She also gets into a terrible accident after finding out the story about her existence. Do you think she'll survive? Does she eventually find love? Does she find what she has always felt was missing in her life?

Hailee's Awakening was an inspiring story. I was immediately swept into a world of vengeance, love, and ecstasy. The novel offers the readers a spiritual journey and suspenseful encounters.

I understood and related to Hailee feeling unaccomplished and wanting to live at the waterside. I liked how Hailee expressed herself in view of love for family and friends, and it felt liberating. Helen Slade did an exceptional job with the character's relationships with people.

I also liked the routine Hailee used in the morning and how she was eating healthy and taking care of herself. I liked Hailee's view on life and how forgiving and understanding she was.

However, Hailee's Awakening by Helen Slade did not align. I did not like that the book was rushed. I also did not like that Hailee's best friend, Alley, wasn't talked about. At first, I was surprised by Kat's switch up because it felt like she cared about Hailee during the accident, but the author still made her the antagonist. Then, I didn't understand the part where Nelly and Sheri were partners, the author should have laid more emphasis on that, but she did not. Due to this, I became confused about certain things while reading the book, and till the end, I still couldn't understand these aspects. I found many errors in this book; it was not professionally edited.

The negative aspects and the numerous errors in the book affected my satisfaction with it. Therefore, I rate the book three out of four stars. I did not remove any more stars because the book was a good read.

I recommend this book to people who are seeking direction. It contains a lot of spiritual awakening that could be useful for their personal journey.

Hailee's Awakening
View: on Bookshelves
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

Hailee seems like a strong woman. I hope she feels in the missing puzzle. The book cover is beautiful.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

The sound of two mothers there got me wondering how that came to be.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

The beginning of the review had me extremely interested in this book. I was intrigued by the mention of Hailee having two mothers. Then you talked about her father and my thoughts were very confused. I guess realistically there has to be one, doesn’t there?

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”