Review of Off Broadway: A Marriage Drama

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Review of Off Broadway: A Marriage Drama

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Off Broadway: A Marriage Drama" by William A. Glass.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

William A. Glass is a writer who lives in South Carolina. He used to be a business executive. However, he is now retired. I believe that William’s book, Off Broadway: A Marriage Drama, is a short, simple drama that has grown on me.

The book revolves around Dave Knight. Dave is a salesman, and he is very good at what he does. Dave is married to Cindy, and they live together. They both have day jobs, and Dave loves his job. However, Dave is tired of living his life like it’s a single day on repeat. Also, his marriage is no longer as exciting as it once was. Dave wants more out of life, but he doesn’t know what life is about to throw his way. Will Dave ever overcome the hardship and turn his life around?

The author, William, writes straightforwardly. I was glad that he didn’t add anything that wasn’t essential to the story. The protagonist seems like a nice guy that I’d enjoy hanging out with. It also felt like a lot of thought was put into the rest of the characters. For example, Cindy’s relationship with her husband felt realistic. Whenever she complained about something Dave wasn’t doing right, you would think the author was retelling an account with an actual couple he knows. I also appreciate how the author managed to make this interesting story concise.

While this book has a lot of things I like, there are a couple of things I don’t like. The first thing I noticed about this book was how slow the pace was, especially at the beginning. Luckily, I was able to adjust to the pace after a while. Despite having a very good story, the book didn’t do a great job holding my attention. There was little to no suspense, and although I’m happy with the ending, I didn’t like that the last few chapters felt rushed. Also, the character introductions and descriptions weren’t as good as I’d have liked them to be. I believe that this book was edited by a professional. However, another round of editing would have prevented the few errors I spotted.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because I enjoyed the story and could relate to the protagonist, Dave. I genuinely wanted to see him win. I didn’t rate it higher because the shortcomings I mentioned earlier affected my reading experience. I recommend this book to people over the age of 18 who are interested in drama and realistic stories. Adults who enjoy doing business might also enjoy this book.

Off Broadway: A Marriage Drama
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This sounds like every marriage I’ve ever heard about. Many times we (my self included) rely on others for excitement when we’re really the only ones who can change things.
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

powerful review for a powerful book. the storyline is captivating and i am excited to have come across this book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”