Review of Untold Stories Him and Her

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Review of Untold Stories Him and Her

Post by Brenda Creech »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Untold Stories Him and Her" by Wayne Dean.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Untold Stories, Him and Her by Wayne Dean is a book about relationships and how feelings and emotions connect males and females. The roller coaster ride through a relationship is sometimes smooth, sometimes filled with highs and lows, occasionally humorous, and other times heartbreaking, but always memorable. The book focuses mainly on the female from the male perspective while giving the reader insight into both. There are some personal stories at intervals in the book. The chapter titles give insight into different issues in relationships. For instance, "Can't Live With, Can't Live Without," "Her Wants and Needs," and "She Detests Him." And of course, chapters titled "The Break-Up," "Cold Feet Before Marriage," and the big issue of "Valentine's Day," to mention a few. To understand each chapter's meaning, one must read the book to appreciate the author's view on males, females, and relationships.

Wayne Dean has written a delightful look at relationships. From mostly a male perspective, it points out some valuable information regarding the differences between men and women and their reactions to different situations. My favorite chapter in the book was "Makes No Sense." It talks about things both males and females do for no apparent reason. I laughed throughout the chapter as I remembered experiencing some of the same issues.

Another favorite part of the book was how the author could rationalize between a woman and a man. This rationalization shows both the male and female as being correct. For example, and to paraphrase the author, a woman may want a new 'shiny red sports car,' while the man thinks what she needs is a dependable car. However, if you look at both sides, it may be the dependable car would be the new 'shiny red sports car.' He gave several examples of this type of rationalization that I found humorous but logical. It convinced me the author knew how to look at both sides of an issue.

On the negative side, I found some of the author's comments biased regarding women. The book portrays women as emotional when an issue arises while describing men as practical. It is well-written, humorous, and offers some excellent relationship insights. A unique question-and-answer section in the back reveals Dean's reasons for writing this book. I am happy to rate Untold Stories, Him and Her 3 out of 4 stars for the previously mentioned reasons. The only other negative aspect is that I found enough errors that cause me to eliminate one star in my rating, which is unfortunate because I feel the book is four stars worthy with another round of editing.

I recommend this book to young people just beginning a relationship and older, more established couples who might want to strengthen their relationship or enjoy reminiscing about the humorous side.

Untold Stories Him and Her
View: on Bookshelves
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

I appreciate you for writing this review! I have definitely noticed that men and women seem to process things differently from perspectives in relationships and it definitely can create tension between people over time. Books like these are ones that could potentially save relationships, so I'm glad i saw this review and I will be adding this to my library right now!
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

As someone who gives relationship advice, I can testify to the ups and downs that happen in a relationship. One moment they're all vexed by the existence of each other; another moment they can't stand being away from each other.
I'll give this book a try to better my advice for those that will need them...and if need be, recommend the book to them.
Thanks for the review.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

This book entails a lot of advice and opinions on the perspectives of the male and female minds. thanks for the review.
Linda Venable-Ward
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linda-venable-ward.html
Latest Review: The Elephant Tooth of '95 by Rana Baydoun

Post by Linda Venable-Ward »

This book sounds very interesting. However, after reading other relationship books, I plan to stay as far away from them as possible. People can only give advice based on their own personal experiences. These kinds of books to me will build your self-esteem or take it. I am sure this book will be of interest to most. Your review was great, though.
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

Alice Fu wrote: 05 May 2022, 03:48 I appreciate you for writing this review! I have definitely noticed that men and women seem to process things differently from perspectives in relationships and it definitely can create tension between people over time. Books like these are ones that could potentially save relationships, so I'm glad i saw this review and I will be adding this to my library right now!
It is a good book. The author has a lot of insight into the feelings of both men and women! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

smoothcrowd wrote: 05 May 2022, 03:51 As someone who gives relationship advice, I can testify to the ups and downs that happen in a relationship. One moment they're all vexed by the existence of each other; another moment they can't stand being away from each other.
I'll give this book a try to better my advice for those that will need them...and if need be, recommend the book to them.
Thanks for the review.
Giving relationship advice is a big responsibility! Good for you! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

Linda Venable-Ward wrote: 11 May 2022, 15:19 This book sounds very interesting. However, after reading other relationship books, I plan to stay as far away from them as possible. People can only give advice based on their own personal experiences. These kinds of books to me will build your self-esteem or take it. I am sure this book will be of interest to most. Your review was great, though.
Thank you! I agree that people can only give advice based on their own personal preferences. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

Christopherio wrote: 05 May 2022, 08:26 This book entails a lot of advice and opinions on the perspectives of the male and female minds. thanks for the review.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”