Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise" by John K Danenbarger.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Entanglement: Quantum and Otherwise by John K. Danenbarger is a gritty story about several people with dark pasts whose lives intersect in different ways. The story begins with Geena Nuss receiving a letter informing her that her father has died. The letter is from an old family friend named Joe Tink. Although she is shocked to learn of her father’s death, she is also shocked by the language in Joe’s letter that implies he will be going away. He has been a family friend for many years, and she doesn’t want to lose him. The story then jumps back in time to when Geena’s mother, Beth, was young and working as a prostitute. That was when she first became friends with Joe, who was working as a stripper at the time.

Over the course of many years, Beth and Joe keep in touch and their lives continue to intersect. After Joe is in a car accident, he moves in with Beth and her husband, Kevin. In addition to Geena, Beth and Kevin have an adopted son, Davis. Davis was institutionalized at a young age for anger and aggressiveness. When he was released, he looked for his birth parents. He developed a relationship with his birth mother; however, he only heard negative things about his birth father. As these characters follow different paths, their lives continue to intersect. Some characters have dark secrets that include revenge and murder.

I enjoyed reading this book. This is a character-driven novel. The characters are relatable and flawed. The characters are what I enjoyed most about the book. Each character had a unique history and secrets. There are several murders described in the book and it was interesting to read how these people were motivated to kill. Some characters felt the weight of guilt for their actions, others had no remorse whatsoever.

What I liked least about the book were the time jumps. At times, it was difficult to follow when the action was taking place. I would occasionally need to re-read a section of the book to determine what year it was. It was confusing at times; however, I enjoyed the story. I especially liked the character of Joe, who interacted with most of the characters in the book. He was a good friend to Beth and Kevin. His romantic relationship with Martin, a mathematician and physicist at MIT, was realistic.

I didn’t see any errors in the book. So, I believe the book was exceptionally edited. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy crime novels. I also recommend it to people who enjoy reading about complex family relationships. There are several descriptions of sexual situations, so I would recommend it to adult readers. I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars because it is an engaging story that kept me interested until the very end. For the reasons given, I would not give it less than a perfect score.

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Nice book and nice review. Will love to read.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

I always love it when one writes with passion and dedication. Great review. Would love to read this book.
reviewinraven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewinraven.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by reviewinraven »

This book really sounds interesting, especially in terms of plot and character. Based on the review, it sounds like there is a lot of depth within the characters which is something I really enjoy when reading a book. I would love to read this book. Thank you for this insightful review!
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

Interesting plot. I am curious to know about the relevance of the title to the story. Amazing review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I love crime thrillers, I really find this book fascinating and interesting,beautiful review.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

It is the title that is attractive, this crime thriller is my kind of a thing.
Geat reveiw
:tiphat:
Poojitha Borra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poojitha-borra.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Poojitha Borra »

This book is also my latest read. Although I didn't enjoy it that well, I am glad you did. You explained the plot well.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Novela book
Favorite Book: Chameleons
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novela-book.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Novela book »

:techie-studyingbrown: I found your review really insightful and intresting. Dominant characters, each with their dark struggles and life issues makes it a deep and intriguing read. I am currently reading this book and was glad to know I picked it up. Thank you for the review.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

Currently reading the book. I hope to enjoy it as your review states.
Tebogo Eugene M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebogo-eugene-m.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Tebogo Eugene M »

I loved reading the novel the author's writing style is creative, he got all of my emotions sadness, happiness, etc thanks to John K Danenbarger. Am looking forward to reading more of your work.
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

While I enjoy character-driven storylines the time jumps are annoying. I like linear storytelling more. Geena seems like an intriguing character. Great job with the review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your review. The book's premises and its characters sound interesting, but the exceeding descriptions of sexual situations are not really my cup of tea.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Ripsons
Bookshelf Size: 416
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an intriguing novel centered around a group of characters and their lives with various intersections. Twists, revelations, and dark secrets are central in their stories. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Hope A Sarah Tilghman Story by Susan Mackewich

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

For me, Entanglement: Quantum and Otherwise by John K. Danenbarger is about keeping friendship. Joe and Beth, although distance apart, managed to keep their friendship going. Great book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”