Review of Simple Signs of God's Love

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Review of Simple Signs of God's Love

Post by Standor5865 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Simple Signs of God's Love" by JudyAnn Krell Morse.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Simple Signs of God's Love by JudyAnn Krell Morse is the author's compilation of decades worth of moments when she recognized God's boundless love in her life. Each moment is accompanied by a simple but vital life lesson dished over the course of more than sixty short stories, beginning from the first story, titled "Time to Adjust the Attitude," where she found herself on a trip to Wisconsin while continuously complaining about the weather before she saw a sign that reminded her of the things God was doing for her at that moment that she took for granted.

Each of the stories in the book follows a similar format: the story first, then the lesson, and finally, a short prayer thanking God for the lessons and asking for his guidance and strength. The stories are not told in chronological order, but they are very easy to follow and can be read in any order. I appreciate the author letting us into several aspects of her life since she had to revisit a few difficult moments from her past that readers will get to learn from, especially when it came to recognizing God's presence amidst the loss of a loved one. I found it very easy to relate to most of her stories, as a lot of the things she pointed out are things I take for granted.

The contents of the book do not just revolve around recognizing the simple signs of God's love but also demonstrate immense gratitude to God for always being there. JudyAnn Krell Morse's ability to identify these simple signs is admirable, and I enjoyed her insights into comparing yourself with others, recognizing spiritual inheritance, the power in silence and action, sticking to the basics, appreciating your gifts, recognizing the stepping stones God has placed in your life, the importance of prayer and the messages in the Bible, and the contentment that comes from giving, among others.

Furthermore, Simple Signs of God's Love is a professionally edited book. The minor error I found did not affect my reading in any way. The book also includes relevant Bible verses at the beginning of all the stories that fully exemplify the message in the story. There was nothing I disliked about the book.

Overall, Simple Signs of God's Love was an inspirational and enlightening read for me. At 128 pages, the book is an easy, straightforward read that will impact readers' lives in many ways. Therefore, the book deserves the maximum rating of four out of four stars. Readers who are interested in developing a better relationship with God will benefit from this book. Readers who enjoy inspirational books will enjoy Simple Signs of God's Love as well.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." - Isaiah 41:13 (NIV).

Simple Signs of God's Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anil G
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

It sounds like a good book giving an insight into gratitude towards God and whatever we have in our life. You wrote a great review!
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

Honestly speaking, i felt like reading this book even before i read this review as the title of the book is attractive and appealed to me. "The contents of the book do not just revolve around recognizing the simple signs of God's love but also demonstrate immense gratitude to God for always being there"- This line reinforced my desire to read this book. Thank you so much for writing this review.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

I am not keen on reading books that contain spiritual contexts, so I think I can’t give this a go. However, you did a great and fascinating review!
bulesa daniel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bulesa-daniel.html
Latest Review: The New Eugenics by Conrad B. Quintyn

Post by bulesa daniel »

It is a good book basing on its title. I am attracted to read the book because it does not only benefit spiritually but also inspiring according to the review. Thank you for the review

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”