Official Review: Horses Lemons And Pretty Girls

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nonso Samuelson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-samuelson.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Official Review: Horses Lemons And Pretty Girls

Post by Nonso Samuelson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Horses Lemons And Pretty Girls" by Michael George.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Extremist. Radical. Cowboy. Hero. These are some of the words used to describe Dave Sanders. A rolling stone and journeyman of sorts, Dave has never been one to "fit in" and harbors a special dislike for authority in any form. Carefree, uninhibited, and to a large extent, immoral, he is on a literal and figurative journey of self-discovery. This novel tells Dave's story as he meets new friends and explores cities and towns far from home. This is a tale of love and betrayal, sex and adventure, friendship and loyalty, and everything in between. Dave's journey and personality will have you on the edge of your seat. This is one book you will be unable to put down.

Horses Lemons And Pretty Girls was a thoroughly enjoyable book. Michael George did justice to the story of a man on a journey to find his path and place in life. The book was divided into two major parts and told the story of Dave Sanders and his cousin and childhood friend, Ben Prentice. From the various jobs he was unable to hold down for any sustained period to his numerous trysts with women, George painted the picture of a fellow who was overwhelmed in life. His decision to journey across the country with his friend became a quest for purpose, love, and a place to call home.

I liked how the writer presented the protagonist's personality and character. Dave Sanders was honest, straightforward, and blunt. This explained his constant friction with authority wherever he worked. However, these were the same values that endeared him to the many women in his life: Kathy, Elaine, Judy, Linda, and more. These women understood and accepted Dave without prejudice. The loyalty and total acceptance between Dave and Ben and between Dave and his family resonated with me on a personal level. Despite his shortcomings and numerous personal mistakes, Dave could count on a strong network of family and friends who had his back regardless of the situation.

What I enjoyed most about this book was Dave's maturity towards the end. I appreciated how he leveraged the experiences he had along his journey to come to some crucial decisions about his life. You'll have to read the book to find out what they were, though.

This book was so well written that I couldn't find anything I disliked about the story. I did encounter a few typographical errors, but these did not affect my enjoyment of the book in any way. The characters were well developed, the adventure flowed seamlessly from one point to another, and the editing was very professional. Consequently, I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. I see no reason to give it a lesser rating. I would recommend it to all lovers of travel, adventure, and romance.

Horses Lemons And Pretty Girls
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 754
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

Thank you for your review. This sounds like a book I would enjoy.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Di52
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-div09.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Di52 »

Dave seems like an enjoyable character to me. I think, this is a type of book which movie-makers would love to grab and portray its story on screen. Giving kind of motivation needed in real world.
Awesome review! :D
zyxskip
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by zyxskip »

For those who love to travel, adventure and romance, sounds a bit like me. The character Dave appears to have everything a man could hope for in a quest for love and adventure in life. An interesting tale indeed, i think this is another adventure of reading. You did a very good review.
Carolina20152020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Carolina20152020 »

Dave is very funny and makes the story very interesting. I don't want to stop reading this book and when it ends we feel like reading the next ones.
Nicola4182
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nicola4182 »

This book sounds incredible, it has captured my eye and so has this review. This tale has every component necessary for a good book, I honestly can’t wait to start reading it.
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

Dave’s personality adds a tremendous amount of flavor to this book and even though his personality isn’t one I’d emulate, it’s one I feel like a lot of people will relate to very well as George did a great job portraying Dave’s journey to self discovery.
cogitononsum
Currently Reading: The Great Gatsby
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cogitononsum.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Post by cogitononsum »

wow, this seems like a really good review for a great book, I think I might just check it out!
GNerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnerd.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by GNerd »

Amazing story with such a captivating plot. You did justice to this review. Well done

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”