Official Review: The Two Lives Of Everett Quinn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Official Review: The Two Lives Of Everett Quinn

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Two Lives Of Everett Quinn" by John Paul Carinci.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Two Lives of Everett Quinn, by John Paul Carinci, is an inspiring story filled with hope, faith, and friendship. As a troubled teen, Brian is at an all-time low after getting in trouble with the law. Little does he know that his life is about to change when he decides to stop by the park on his way home.

As Brian sits on one of the park benches, he notices an old man feeding nuts to birds and squirrels. Curiosity gets the best of him when he watches one of the squirrels do a trick so when the old man motions him over, he decides to comply. As he converses with the old man, whose name is Mr. Everett, Brian finds him to be an intelligent and kind man. When Brian decides to stop by Mr. Everett’s bench every day after summer school, he has no idea what’s in store for him. What comes next is slurry of inspiring speeches, inspirational quotes from famous novels or authors, words of wisdom, and advice. However, all of this comes to a screeching halt when Mr. Everett is attacked and placed in a coma.

In general, I found the content of the book to be heartwarming and encouraging. There were many anecdotes, some of which I have never heard of, that were interesting and thought-inspiring. Many lessons can be learned from this book. One of the lessons that resounded for me was the story about two wolves that were fighting. One represents evil while the other represents good. When asked about which wolf would win, the answer was simple but reflective.

What I like the most about this book was how the author was able to weave important life lessons into the storyline. It made the book interesting to read, and it helped to show Brian’s progression from a troubled teen into a smart and resourceful young adult. Mr. Everett’s kindness and selflessness shone throughout the book. I was amazed at his life story and his interactions with those around him.

Moreover, the book has Christian themes and faith-based elements that fit well with the plot. Not only were the messages behind the stories inspirational, but they were also motivating.

Overall, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I gave it 4 stars because of the interesting anecdotes and well-developed characters. The book was also refreshingly clear of any grammatical errors or spelling mistakes. I would recommend the book to readers who like reading inspirational books with Christian themes.

The Two Lives Of Everett Quinn
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I love reading inspiring books that have underlining life lessons. The plot of this book also sounds very interesting to me. Thanks for your honest review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Chinelookeke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinelookeke.html
Latest Review: Fear Me Now by Christopher Williams

Post by Chinelookeke »

I love inspirational books. This storyline is very interesting and there's a lot to learn from. Nice book. Thanks for the review.
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

An inspirational book, I have a liking for what they leave a person with. Nice review.
Jenny93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Jenny93 »

I like inspirational books, with their heartwarming and encouraging messages. I enjoyed reading your review

Nice review
Adrianna Melillo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Revolutionary Mothers
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrianna-melillo.html
Latest Review: Spring Fed by Bill Plyler

Post by Adrianna Melillo »

This sounds like a good book to slowly work through and think about. Based off your review, it also seems like it’s one that lingers with you long after you’ve finished. Great review, I’ll definitely be adding this to my list!
Imperio
Currently Reading: A Man Called Ove
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imperio.html
Latest Review: A Talk with God, published book, Amazon by Lisa Mullins

Post by Imperio »

I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the quality of this book. You write that the points made are inspirational, which is a promising thing to know. Thank you for your very informative and engaging review!
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

I really enjoyed reading your review. It has doubled my interest in reading this book.
SenSen
Currently Reading: Never Let Me Go
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sensen.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by SenSen »

After reading your review, I added The Two Lives Of Everett Quinn on my To-Read list. It seems like the characters are very interesting and unique, the plot intriguing, and the lessons numerous. Thank you for the review!
It was so gorgeous it almost felt like sadness. The Lake, Banana Yoshimoto
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Teele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teele.html
Latest Review: More Hype Than Glory by Tom Hyde

Post by Teele »

In general, I found the content of the book to be heartwarming and encouraging
This is a book I would love to read. Thanks
Damis Seres Rodriguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis-seres-rodriguez.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Damis Seres Rodriguez »

This looks like a lovely read. Thanks for the review!
CNganyi
Favorite Book: Pretty Little Liars
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnganyi.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Post by CNganyi »

The author took an experience that many of us have encountered, a homeless man on bench in a park, and made a nice story of life, love, faith and redemption. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”