Official Review: Wandering Feelings by Boyko Ovcharov

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Official Review: Wandering Feelings by Boyko Ovcharov

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wandering Feelings" by Boyko Ovcharov.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“If you could only love enough, you could be the most powerful person in the world.”--Emmet Fox

Wandering Feelings by Boyko Ovcharov is a novella that is a pleasant departure from the boundaries of a classical love story. A young couple fall in love at first sight, and they try to build a life together against all odds. The events take place between the UK and Bulgaria.

The book raises important questions and points for contemplation; can love get crushed in the mill of everyday life and difficulties? What does one do when the psychological support and empathy from family members are lacking?

Using the third person narrative, a lyrical language, and a captivating writing style, the author pulls the reader into the story. Here he says; “It is unfortunate when great incongruities and irreconcilable differences get together-kindness comes across selfishness, intelligence faces narrow-mindedness, even ignorance. Then, it is impossible for that anachronism to endure for long– sooner or later it falls apart, leaving behind wretched destinies...”

The young man and woman’s nameless characters are hinted for in an intelligent manner. Worth mentioning is that much of the deep insinuation could be missed if one does not read vigilantly. Furthermore, there isn’t a plot in the common sense of the word. However, the narrative flows smoothly, and the dreamy poetic language as well as the portrayal of genuine love without over-romanticizing it all manage to pull the story together and give it a unique appeal.

I liked the philosophical look at love and the inclusion of everyday life in the details. I also appreciated being shown a glimpse into the Bulgarian special environment. If I were pressed to state what I liked the least, I would say that I hated to see Wandering Feelings end. I would’ve also liked to see more dialogue.

The book is clearly professionally edited, for I couldn’t spot any errors throughout the whole read. I think Wandering Feelings would appeal to readers who enjoy a nonconventional love story that’s expressed in a charming language. Moreover, those who enjoy a deep and thought-provoking book will be satisfied. Thus, I have no hesitation in rating Wandering Feelings by Boyko Ovcharov 4 out of 4 stars.

“What is the feeling of being homeless? What is the feeling of being driven away from your own home and in the course of many years to be moving in and out from place to place, carrying the unbearable burden of sorrow and desolation in your soul?” I believe true love made this wonderful couple find in each other the home that they were craving.

Wandering Feelings
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Adrianna Melillo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Revolutionary Mothers
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrianna-melillo.html
Latest Review: Spring Fed by Bill Plyler

Post by Adrianna Melillo »

This sounds really intriguing. I love this idea of a novel that just flows in “dreamy poetic” language, rather than sticking to a conventional plot structure. Based off your review, it seems like the author pulled it off well. I’ll definitely need to check this out!
_Lindsey_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindsey.html
Latest Review: The Curl by Raymond George Ward

Post by _Lindsey_ »

Novels with artistic writing styles are my favorites. I find it very impressive when an author can create a story that reads like a piece of artwork. Although a lot of books focus on love and philosophy, they're topics that never get old! I'm glad the author put a unique spin on these themes and created such a beautiful book. Thanks for the review.
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

_Lindsey_ wrote: 27 Jun 2020, 08:03 Novels with artistic writing styles are my favorites. I find it very impressive when an author can create a story that reads like a piece of artwork. Although a lot of books focus on love and philosophy, they're topics that never get old! I'm glad the author put a unique spin on these themes and created such a beautiful book. Thanks for the review.
Thanks for stopping by and for the comment.
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

The story line is an interesting one. It’s also rewarding to see that the author’s writing style is enjoyable.
Thank you for the review.
Usma Khann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usma-khann.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Usma Khann »

The writing style forms an important component of any novel. Looks like this book excels in that department. Appreciate the insightful review.🌸
Readers know it. Authors know it. Publishers know it. A promising review sells books! :roll:
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

The title of the book speaks for itself. The psychology behind love and family support has always fascinated me. Thanks for the great review.
NDeMeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndemeer.html
Latest Review: Sormara The Evil Tome by Sandra L. Reel

Post by NDeMeer »

Wow, full marks! Always impressive. :) This looks like a great concept, I'm interested to check it out. Thanks for the wonderful review!
Happy reading! :techie-studyingbrown:
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am not a huge fan of romance novels, but this doesn’t seem to fit the traditional paradigm. I, also, would enjoy the Bulgarian references. Thanks for the review!
April Becker 1
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by April Becker 1 »

I don’t particularly care for romance novels, but this one is quite different than ones that I typically come across. The writing style at first caught me a bit offguard, but the more I read it the more intrigued I became.
Wayne Njoroge
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Dark Web Murders
Currently Reading: Bloody Redemption
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wayne-njoroge.html
Latest Review: Because He Loved Us by Sharon Williams

Post by Wayne Njoroge »

I appreciate the realism the book portays. There are some lessons that can be drawn from this romantic fiction novel. But I will take a pass on it.
Khushi V
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushi-v.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Khushi V »

Thank you for the review.

The mention of poetic language in the review attracted me and now I want to read the book. A love novella which directs people to think and land somewhere where they find answers is intriguing.
Tessy100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Tessy100 »

At first I just wanted to read anything cos I was bored but after I scrolled past the first 2 chapters!! I was glueeeed and fascinated!!!! I must applaud the writer for putting together such masterpiece. Kudooos👏👏
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Deval Sodha »

This book is a novella that is a pleasant departure from the boundaries of a classical love story. The book raises important questions and points for contemplation regarding love.
The review is superb.
Congratulations on Botd 🎉
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

The author's captivating writing style seems to intrigue me very much. There are many factors that would influence a romantic relationship, add the drama of it being love-at-first-sight. Thank you so much for your wonderful review! 💖

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”