Official Review: Book of Chaos by Yin Dolmah

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Official Review: Book of Chaos by Yin Dolmah

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Book of Chaos" by Yin Dolmah.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Book of Chaos, by Yin Dolmah, follows Emmar and his life journey of truth discovery. As a young boy, one night, while walking on the beach, his right foot hit a small sealed box with a symbol on each side of it. Afterwards, he had a dream, where he met a man with the mathematical symbol, pi, inscribed on his hands, and the man gave him wise words and a lot to ponder on. Emmar woke up from the dream, and after then, his life became a journey of acquiring truths, which can prevent chaos and promote safety in one's life, if applied.

This book is quite intriguing and enlightening. It is a quick read and gives insight into the deep things of life, providing directions that one can follow to succeed in many areas of life, such as business, relationship, leadership, family, and so forth. Also, the advice it gives will lead to living a peaceful and good life, if one heeds it; it shows how to create order and control in our worlds. Consisting of intriguing stories, it's filled with words of great wisdom and common sense from different characters, involving love, fear, equality, self-preservation, addiction, safety and order, responsibility, purpose and so on.

Consisting of many life lessons, Book of Chaos is simple and easy to read. I'm glad I read it because it has taught me many new things about life, particularly how to coexist with people from backgrounds different from mine.

However, though the book is straightforward and comprehensible, some parts of it do not flow smoothly. While I was reading it, sometimes, I would have to go back a few pages to try to connect the present information with the characters involved. Moreover, though it has only a few grammar and typographical errors, the paragraphs are not properly arranged. For example, there are breaks in some of the paragraphs. Hence, if you don't enjoy books with the abovementioned flaws, you may want to skip this one. Regarding profanity, I didn't see any profane word, and there are no sexual scenes.

In conclusion, I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I didn't rate it lower since it's an educational and a worthwhile read. Again, I couldn't give it 4 stars because of its editing issues. I suggest that Dolmah should send it for another round of professional editing. I recommend it to readers who enjoy books full of words of wisdom.

Book of Chaos
View: on Bookshelves
Chimdi_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimdi-3.html
Latest Review: Waves Break (on Unknown Shores) by Barry Litherland

Post by Chimdi_3 »

This is a very detailed review.I am glad this book consists of many life lessons that one can imbibe to live an easy and peaceful. This is a good book to read.
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Samgum50 »

Great review! This book seems like it's full of great insight for readers to gain knowledge from.
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by jennydelacruz »

I love self-help books and this sure sounds like one. Thanks for the comprehensive review!
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

The story is so intriguing, coupled with a lot of life-lessons for the readers. Thanks for the review.
Adrianna Melillo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Revolutionary Mothers
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrianna-melillo.html
Latest Review: Spring Fed by Bill Plyler

Post by Adrianna Melillo »

The synopsis reminds me a bit of The Alchemist. I'll have to look into this one. Thank you for the review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”