Official Review: Kidnapped by E. Alan Fleischauer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3037
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Official Review: Kidnapped by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Kidnapped" by E. Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jean Cantrell finally purchases a secluded farm near Golden, Colorado. She is definitely thrilled she can settle down peacefully in an unknown place after killing Mr. JT Thomas. Mr. JT Thomas had killed her only brother and friend. However, she is disapproved when she learns Mr. JT Thomas is still alive. Jean hatches a plan to kidnap Madeline whom Mr. JT Thomas loves so much that he cannot let her out of his sight. Concurrently, Mr. JT Thomas is establishing his own detective agency, Thomas Detective Agency. Four men from the agency are confronted with a formidable task of liberating Dawson Town from the Gunderson gang. Elsewhere, a weary and famished man, A.V. Lanier, goes to Emma’s café. He is so exhausted that Emma promptly offers him a room as she inquires what happened to him.

What is his story? Is he genuine? How do all these unique pieces fit into the clever puzzle?

Welcome to the Wild West where anything can happen instantly and you need to be ready. Gunfights are common and no one will be arrested if it resulted even from a slight provocation and there were witnesses. There are gangs out to wreak havoc and ferocious beasts are roaming the impenetrable forests. Con men exist as well and even the local law enforcement officers can be murdered in cold blood. Kidnapped was authored by E. Alan Fleischauer. The book was published in April 2020 and is the third book in the JT Thomas saga series. It falls in the genre of other fiction. The setting of the story was in the 1870s and the scene descriptions perfectly fit the timeline. This was one of the things that made the story so compelling that I could not put it down.

I had not read the first two books when I started reading this book. Nothing was hard to understand, though. The author filled in the other details as the story progressed. At first, the pace of the story was slow, and I had to struggle to read. The only thing that propelled me to continue reading then was the fact that I had to read the book. What I did not know was the author was laying a solid foundation for the rest of the story. Consequently, devouring the succeeding chapters was enthralling. One of the reasons why I appreciated the flow of the story was that there was a balance between drawing plans and executing them. The action-packed scenes, as a result, came as much-needed exhilarating areas.

Readers will enjoy many other stories running alongside the key story. All of them were brilliantly concluded at the end. The only thing I disliked about the story was that the writing was choppy. Several scenes appeared rushed, and so I was left yearning for more of what I could not have. The characters were also a bit flat and there was no apparent further development as the story progressed. These issues did not detract from the general enjoyment of the story, though.

The book was professionally edited as I discovered only one grammatical error. I soundly rate it 4 out of 4 stars. Those who love fascinating stories about the Wild West from the 1800s will enjoy reading this book. It will also appeal to ardent fans of other fiction stories with a little dose of mystery.

I look forward to the upcoming installment in the series.

Kidnapped
View: on Bookshelves
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Deborah kalu
Currently Reading: A Giant Below
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Deborah kalu »

I was stroggling to read the remaining story,until I came across where Mr.jt Thomas was establishing his own dectetive agency and jean being diapproved of his death.I will also be interested in jean's plot against Mr.JT Thomas.wonderful review👍
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3037
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Deborah kalu wrote: 25 May 2020, 08:11 I was stroggling to read the remaining story,until I came across where Mr.jt Thomas was establishing his own dectetive agency and jean being diapproved of his death.I will also be interested in jean's plot against Mr.JT Thomas.wonderful review👍
It is a wonderful story. I enjoyed reading it and I guess you will find it enthralling as well. Thanks for the comment :)
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Samwisekoop
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samwisekoop.html
Latest Review: Perfection and Other Illusive Things by J Mercer

Post by Samwisekoop »

I absolutely LOVED the beginning of the third paragraph of your review!! It sounds so beautiful and fluent! Now, the book didn't seem to interest me, but your review did! Why did you rate it 4 of 4 stars if there were choppy sentences and flat characters? Thanks for such a beautifully written review!
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." - Galadriel
hasincla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hasincla.html
Latest Review: Fortune Cats with Full Tummies by Dave Hutchinson

Post by hasincla »

Hm, sounds like I'd have to work to read this one. You do mention a great payoff at the end, but I'm not sure I'm willing to get through to it. Thank you for your honest review!
Mrunalpatki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunalpatki.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Mrunalpatki »

At first sight the title of the book gave this away to be a gripper thriller mystery. But I guess your review makes it seem a little mild in the mystery department. Great review. Thanks for it.
Think before you review. Read before you think. :techie-studyinggray:
Gurmundeep
Currently Reading: Seeing Yourself Through God's Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gurmundeep.html
Latest Review: The Survival of the Richest by Anthony Criniti
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gurmundeep »

The title of the book shows that the book is about just kidnapping but it is far more than that. I read the review and the book looks interesting especially the suspense of Mr. JT Thomas who was alive and killed by Jean. I should try this book. Thank you for the honest review.
Miraphery
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miraphery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Miraphery »

The book seems interesting, thanks for the lovely review.
Finakaranja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-finakaranja.html
Latest Review: Restore Trust by Werner NEFF

Post by Finakaranja »

Lovely review. It is insightful and makes me want to weather the slow paced build up for an apparent well deserved story.
Frannie Annie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frannie-annie.html
Latest Review: Loneliness in the Pocket by Graeme Stuckings

Post by Frannie Annie »

The cover looks so peaceful, I had no idea there was murder in the book! Interesting twist, but I can't read a book that starts so slow. Thanks for the review.
Michael40
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 209
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael40.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Michael40 »

Yes. The puzzle makes the flow lively. I almost thought that the puzzle was going to be the only good thing about the story, but when your intriguing review drew me in, I could only yearn for more. Thanks for the review.
Socialwithriti
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Socialwithriti »

The book covers reveals that it is all about the kidnapping and thriller suspense but it has lot inside this book
Gripped to this book ,making my quarantine easy though
Keep doing such books ❤️❤️👏👏
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Stories that make the reader put the puzzle pieces together are always fun. Jean sounds like quite a character - with a violent tendency! I appreciated that you mentioned that this book works as a standalone. Thanks for the recommendation.
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Samgum50 »

Great review! I think that this book would be a bit tough to finish for me. Especially since it's set in 1870.
Edwin Amah
Currently Reading: Mug the Wumph the Dancing Wizard
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwin-amah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Edwin Amah »

So at first the book sounded like one of those difficult books to read and put the piece together. Excellent job by the reviewer. I see the book to be about the kidnap plot and also the agency created by Mr JT Thomas to liberate the town. I guess He learnt after the attempt on his life and decided to find ways to make the town safe.

Despite having lots of puzzles, the author did well to end the story proper.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”