Official Review: Inspire by K. Isreal D.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: Inspire by K. Isreal D.

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Inspire" by K. Isreal D..]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Inspire by K. Isreal D. is a book that offers over one hundred inspirational quotes. The author aims to provide the reader with a new way of thinking through his quotes, while he also wants to inspire and encourage anyone who reads his book. The author uses a direct, informal style, as he wants to be easily understood by the reader.

The book is divided into five parts, where each part contains various inspirational quotes. The author explores themes, such as imagination, beauty, pain, love, and calling in his quotes. He aims to offer the reader a new perspective on these themes, while he also wishes to encourage the reader through his ideas. The author firstly introduces the book by providing some personal information and summarizing the book. He continues by providing quotes related to imagination, discussing the importance of things like positive thinking and harmony.

There were several positive attributes in this book. More specifically, the author’s quotes are short and direct, meaning they are very concise, so the reader can easily remember them. To add to this, the book is structured and logically coherent, as the author has broken down the quotes into five parts, where each part focuses on a different topic. Lastly, what I liked most was the fact that the author is successful in inspiring the reader, as his quotes are encouraging because they discuss a person’s power to achieve great things, offering a positive view on life.

Nevertheless, I also encountered some negative aspects that erode this book’s quality. Firstly, I encountered a few grammatical errors in the book, which undermined the author’s professionalism, meaning that the book should undergo another round of editing. Furthermore, what I disliked most about this book was that some quotes were confusing and perplexing. I could not understand the meaning of these quotes, so I think the author should also add the meaning of his quotes in the book.

I believe this book is best suited for readers who enjoy reading inspirational books. This book can be read from readers of all ages, but people who do not like reading encouraging books are likely to find this book boring and monotonous.

Selectively, I rate this book with 2 out of 4 stars. I did not give this book a higher rating, as it contained errors and it was confusing in some places. Nonetheless, a lower rating would have been unfair since the author engages the reader with his inspirational quotes.

Inspire
View: on Bookshelves
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

I don't think I've ever read a book with just quotes in them. I'd appreciate brief explanations to go along with the quotes. I hope the author goes back to the drawing board with your review in mind.
Nichole Kurns
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Still Life
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichole-kurns.html
Latest Review: Intricate Mandalas with Inspirational Quotes: by Big Initial Studios

Post by Nichole Kurns »

I find a book of inspirational quotes interesting . Although it would help if the author offer their meaning of the quotes but not necessary. They may want the readers to find their own meaning to the quotes.
Thanks for the review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I love a good collection of quotes. It sounds like this one has some inspiration within. It's too bad, though, that the book has its issues. Thanks for the introduction.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

I have yet to read a book just filled with inspirational quotes. However I think that a book like this would be a great read, especially to offer motivation and inspiration to the reader when needed most. Its a shame that there were editing issues and that the meanings of the quotes could be confusing. Those things alone would make it truly difficult to get into the book. I hope that the author takes your review into great consideration. Thanks so much for your review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”