Official Review: The Forgotten Wisdom Behind Genesis Stor...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Official Review: The Forgotten Wisdom Behind Genesis Stor...

Post by Wyland »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Forgotten Wisdom Behind Genesis Story of Creation" by Terry L Newbegin.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever found yourself in a conversation about the differences between religion and spirituality? For many, the contrasts may not be that clear or even important; what is significant, however, is that spirituality can help you understand your life’s greater purpose. As it turns out, this is the thread Terry L. Newbegin explores in his book, The Forgotten Wisdom Behind Genesis Story of Creation. In the process of presenting his arguments, Newbegin shows no qualms about going straight for religion’s jugular.

Firstly, to build a case, he lays down his premise: most of the earth’s inhabitants have misplaced perception of God and the Bible. He attributes this to an intellect-based interpretation of the story of creation where fear, logic, belief in good and bad (duality), sin, and punishment are underscored. By the same token, he faults the “literal or material point of view that religions” employ to impart their facts without regard to the “three-dimensional (spirit, mind-soul, and ego) vibrational world” a human operates in.

Of greater gravity, even so, are the radicalized views, largely on divinity, Newbegin expresses in his book that would probably make even the most hardened of doubting Thomas cringe in evasion. Drawing his doctrine mainly from the first five chapters of Genesis, Newbegin traces his teachings to revelations he received over time from “Ascended Masters and the Archangels,” who also happen to include Jesus. Hence, in a long introduction to his book, Newbegin says he brings “the third level” of Biblical interpretation to “those who are ready to know the true wisdom behind the Genesis’ story of creation…”

In this regard, I was willing to give the man his day in the sun, and that’s why I chose to read his book in the first place. As it were, I was curious to know this real God advocated by Newbegin as opposed to the “mental version” taught to us by religion. In retrospect, if you are going to read this, I suggest you do it in a light-hearted kind of way; after all, I saw that the book is classified under “Other Fiction.” So, please be sure you have located your sense of humor before attempting to read it.

On the other hand, I’m not in the least suggesting that this isn’t a serious theological treatise, quite to the contrary. I’m just trying to give the reader the right frame of mind to ensure they complete the book (in one piece). In reality, given that eternity is a grave matter (no pun intended), Newbegin’s book has a lot of deductions derived from the symbology of Biblical characters like Adam, Eve, Cain, the beast (our ego-personality), and Abel (he represents higher awareness). Similarly, Biblical events, such as creation, the fall of man, Noah (symbolizes “rest”) and the flood, are given a breath of fresh air. I think his views may provide spiritual fodder for the mind.

As I wind up, Newbegin’s themes are quite diverse for this 253-page book. As well, his writing is full of new concepts, so it’ll take even a fast reader considerable time to read and understand it. Some of the themes he tackles are about change (awakening), Biblical translation, good versus evil, and divinity. On the other hand, the book needs another round of editing: many of the errors I identified are touching on the wrong tense in some verbs, followed by the wrong choice of words in sentences. The high number of errors caused me to mark the book down by a star to 3 out of 4 stars.

I recommend the book to the general and mature reader who is looking for a provocative yet insightful book on spirituality. While this may be true, the book will be less suitable for sensitive readers, as the views expressed are strong and unaccommodating.

The Forgotten Wisdom Behind Genesis Story of Creation
View: on Bookshelves
LauraLeeWasHere
Favorite Author: Jess Lederman
Favorite Book: David Copperfield
Currently Reading: Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauraleewashere.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
fav_author_id: 164792

Post by LauraLeeWasHere »

It seems like your review of this book is as intense and intelligent as the book you were reviewing.

I don't know if I'd enjoy the book as much as your review but I am glad you were the one tackling it and analyzing bit. You know your stuff which is beneficial to us as we pick and chose how to spend our time.

Sincerely, LL
And they sang a new song saying,
"You are worthy to take the book,
and to open its to seals,
for You were slain and have redeemed us to God,
by your blood, out of every tribe and tongue and people and Nation." Rev. 5:9
NKJ & KJV

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”