Official Review: Simon's Mansion by William Poe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: Official Review: Simon's Mansion by William Poe

Post by Manang Muyang »

AvidBibliophile wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 23:13 I'd admittedly like to meander through the rooms and halls of that mansion with Cicero and Ferdinand. While themes of cocaine addiction, rehab, and tumultuous relationships would be a lot to digest, it's nice to hear there was a balance of elements presented. And your last sentence and quote causes a deep ponderance indeed... Great review!
Reading this story was a most thought-provoking exercise.

Thanks for visiting the mansion. Would you care for a walk in the cemetery?
Nisha Ward
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

It weirdly reminds me of old books focusing on the South, in that it deals with bigotry and the protagonist's relationship wirh religion? I'm not sure what to think because I'd normally be interested in this kind of book but this one seems to need something more for me to want to jump in. Thanks for the review, though!
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Nisha Ward wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 22:46 It weirdly reminds me of old books focusing on the South, in that it deals with bigotry and the protagonist's relationship wirh religion? I'm not sure what to think because I'd normally be interested in this kind of book but this one seems to need something more for me to want to jump in. Thanks for the review, though!
Thank you for sharing your sentiments. Simon did go through a lot in his life. I think the author has more to share, though.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”